Hotwire.com / fraud

United States, New Mexico, Roswell Review updated:
Phone: 615-330-8524
I am still pissed as of July 7th 2009. First mistake, I went to their website and started making arrangements for a flight to Nashville. I got all the way to imputing computer data for credit card info. Well, I tried inputing it 4 times to put my security code in and it didn't work. So I called my credit card people to verify my code was right. They indicated yes. So I called Hot wire as they instructed (my 2nd mistake). I called and customer service verified the code by using 3 way calling with my credit card people. After we hung up, she attempted input for the flight to Nashville and stated, " it won't take it and it would be 24 hours before it could go through due to I had inputed maximum amount of times prior on my first attempt to secure a flight and the computer would not take any more transactions on my card. SO I SAID CANCEL IT. Customer service said okay and gave me a referral to expedia.com for booking. So I did and it went through without a glitch. Well suddenly I get a itinerary number with hotwire and a charge for $526.90 that has been charged to my credit card not more than 10 minutes after I booked expedia at their referral to expedia. So I called hot wire immediately and they said, "well, her notes are not real clear about what happened." They talked with her and she said, " I don't know, I've forgotten." 10 minutes ago and you have forgotten the phone call!!!. I tried to get them to think it through. Would I had gone to expedia to get the exact flight for the exact amount of money to make the trip immediately after I hung up with them. COME ON! So they said, "well, its not clear. We will check the call and see. I have been calling for a resolution for 11 days without resolution. It is the 7th of July and I have called with no resolution to this still. They will not let m nor my credit card company listen to the call with them should they listen to the call nor have they make a decision. Today they said, "well, it could be 10 days or so. No one has called it up. Hell, it has been already 11 days. THIS IS CRAP...THEY ARE .THIEVES. But, my credit card is going to charge me interest until the dispute is settled either way I lose. I ended up calling a bad company and INTENSE emotional anger as sleepless nights IS ALL I HAVE GOTTON FROM THESE THIEVES. Charged for 2 balances of $526.90 or $ 1053.60 and all I have to show is a dispute without resolution that charges me interest on the whole deal until this is settled at some point. DON'T USE THESE THIEVES AS I DID AND GET SCREWED.

N  27th of May, 2010 by
I thought i had found a really good rate for my family's memorial weekend vacation. I asked for a room for 4...and assumed it would be non smoking. After boooking I saw the crappy hotel that was supposed to be a 2+ star hotel. The hotel informed me I was getting a king sized bed...and it was in a smoking room. When i called hotwire.com to complain I was told sorry...they were rude..not willing to get me into another hotel nor would they refund my money. i have used other online booking companies like hotels.com and have never had an issue. I would stay away from this bait and switch company!
A  9th of Feb, 2011 by
Hello i wish i could of read your comment about hotwire before i decided to book a flight from them. Last night after i booked the flight i get a call from someone claiming to be from Hotwire fraud department well when i tried to get verification from the guy he got really rude with me telling me is doing me a favor and called me BUDDY! Well after i called Hotwire and i asked the rep to see if they had their fraud department contact me but he couldn't tell me anything cause nothing was showing up on the file, so i asked them to refund my money cause they voided my flight reservations and low and behold they couldn't do anything and told me i have to go through the fraud department. Next morning i call hotwire fraud department and guess what they are unreachable so i call hotwire back and tell them and they just tell me sorry there is nothing we can do about it then wished me a good day. Not only does this company have bad customer rep they are thieves DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!! I am now trying to get my bank to return the funds to my account HOTWIRE= scam artists.
A  31st of May, 2016 by
I was confirmed a room and when I arrived the hotel told me the hotel was sold out and they contact Hotwire. I then sat in the parking lot for about 2 hours on Memorial Day weekend trying to get this resolved. They told me they could get me another room but I would have to pay the difference. LOL Ummm...NO. Then into the third hour they agreed to pay the difference but they would need my credit card information again. Umm...NO. So, we were stuck paying double to get a room so I didn't have to drive back home after the stressful night. They never refunded the original amount and I'm not letting them get away with this. I'll make them pay even though it's a drop in the bucket to amounts they rip people off. It's my piece of mind they stole.

Hotwire Logo Hotwire