Hotwire.com / North Lake Tahoe / unreasonable hotel radiuses and hotwire refused to work out the problem

Squaw Valley CA, CA, United States

Beware of Hotwire especially in the Lake Tahoe/Truckee area! Their areas are so large that I booked a hotel thinking it was in the Squaw Valley North Lake area (since I have a ski pass there) and they gave me a hotel in Nevada which is about 45 minutes away. If you put down Truckee, you could end up also getting a hotel in Reno, Nevada!!! This is crazy! I called Hotwire right away and asked if they could work with me especially since I want to book a hotel at the end of the month in San Francisco. I even spoke to a manager and they would not credit me in any way even if I was going to book a room today for Feb. 28th in San Francisco. I will definitely NOT be using Hotwire in the future and there area maps are misleading. The bubbles on the maps are not just hotels but are also restaurants and other misc. points of interest. I thought they were hotels since the first ones I clicked on near Squaw Valley were hotels. Apparently, the hotels can be anywhere on the shaded map area...in this case...up to 1.5 hours away from one shaded side to another. I can drive home in less than 1.5 hours!!! I really tried to work with Hotwire but they chose not to work with me back.