Hotpoint / Last 2 Years Only

Jul 30, 2015
We bought our Hotpoint washing machine just over two years ago; we didn't take out the further cover because we assumed that at that stage of a washing machine's life only small parts would go and they would be cheap enough to replace. There are only two of us and don't do anymore than one wash a week so it's not been used much. We developed an issue with the washing machine not spinning/washing; we had a look at it and a bearing had gone in the drum however now you can only replace the whole drum rather than the separate parts inside it (another money making scheme). The Sales of Good Act states that a product must be of suitable quality and fit for purpose; the engineer himself said that a drum should not need replacing after 2 years and that it looked as if it was hardly used. We had to pay £90 to get Hotpoint to come and fix a product that should not have developed this fault. Around the same time a friend of the family's Hotpoint washing machine drum had also failed after two years. These washing machines are not fit for purpose and I wish I'd read up on the reviews in depth beforehand because I only saw good reviews. Hotpoint cannot guarantee me that this drum will last another two years, as a washing machine is quite a big purchase you would expect it to last at least five years, I don't think this is the case with Hotpoint.

Hotpoint Logo Hotpoint