Hotel Tonight / bait and switched hotel to motel - use at your own risk.

1 United States

I booked a hotel at the crowne plaza 5 days in advance to my stay. I called the hotel the day of my arrival to confirm the reservation. After a two hour drive I check into the hotel lobby and the clerk says they are overbooked, and they must move us to a motel because the whole city is booked. It was a rat and raccoon infested motel with drug addicts walking around. All other hotels in the area were booked; we were forced to stay there. And hotel tonight refused to give us a refund, and the "manager" I spoke to said there was "no one else above him in the company" that could refund me, and that "not even the ceo could help me.". Pathetic!!! Our health and safety was jeopardized having to stay in that substandard motel, and this company refuses to make things right. I paid for a higher quality room than what I was given, and was in an unsafe and unclean building. I feel I have been swindled, and I feel that others in the community may have been or will be subjected to this activity and it should not be allowed to continue. Hotel tonight never contacted me in advance to notify me of their overbooking. I would have simply cancelled the trip, as the whole city was booked. Hotel tonight management blamed me for not calling them for some reason (how would I have known to do that? Also there is no phone number listed on their website or booking confirmation.). This is a predatory company. We were in an unsafe building in an unfamiliar city alone with nowhere else to go, and they refuse to make it right.

Ls