HostMonster.com / bad service. take money and run away

###s stoped my service and ranaway with my money. had there service for a few months. and a few weeks ago, they stop my service and didnt refund my money. stay away from these ###s. do not do business.
hostmonster.com

same people

Comments

• Ro
      10th of May, 2008

well i have bought a hosting package throw this
    website http://www.best-10-web-hostings.com

and they guidence was great
    and i bought the right package for my self

thanks for their services

• Be
      17th of Sep, 2008

You didn't tell us what happened, though. For all we know, you were on a monthly plan and stopped paying for it. The fault could be totally yours. You can't just blast a company and not tell us all why it's their fault.

21st of Feb, 2009

I agree - these guys are absolutely pathetic.

Constant downtime over the last few months, and they have slow frustrating support that constantly avoid the real issues making you jump through hoops before they answer anything. Also they never offer any compensation for their poor service.

They don't live up to their promises at all or care about their customers.

Over it!

21st of Feb, 2009

By the way - in response to your email Ben, Hostmonster is really unprofessional. If Jim says they stopped his service and "ran away with his money" I doubt very much that he didn't pay his account.

From my experience with them over the last year, I would not be at all suprised if they refused to give him a refund.

They have continually made me promises and I have given them the benifit of the doubt, but in the end it's the same story over and over again.

Avoid this webhost at all cost. They are crap.

6th of May, 2009

STILL, all my web sites at hostmonster.com are completely shut down for long time.

This is NOT first time but 3rd time. I do not recommend hostmonst.com as it seems their server management is not reliable.

I do NOT recommend HOSTMONSTER.com. Tech Service is slow and always they have tendancy to blame customer ...

6th of May, 2009

STILL HOST MONSTER can NOT repair server problem. My commercial websites are DOWN completely so far. LOST A DAY but lost FOREVER CLIENT credit in front of my clients.

I will move to well-known name brand, still it pays back more than 10 years host cost by losing a WHOLE DAY business.

HOST MONSTER is NOT worthy and NOT reliable.

I really regret. They are very slower. Forget it.

I really recommend that don't use no name brand company.

7th of May, 2009

HostMonster.com server for internet connection is down again.

(More than 12 hours, Enough to destroy my company business reputation)

All my sites are DOWN ALL BUSINESS DAY.

1. SERVER SHUTDOWN.

2. DB connection problem

3. Internet connection. (SO FREQUENT, Not only today)

TOO MUCH PROBLEM.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND HostMonster.com .

Their customer tech service and maintenance is NOT RELIABLE.

Never USE for commercial service at all.

They can NOT tell you what is causing problem, TECH support is no useful.

They way they run business is they intended to damage business.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Don't be victim like me.

7th of May, 2009

Even Today. Still all my website is completely shutdown. No sites are active.

It seems they don't know how to run "IT business".

I can not trust Hostmonster.com any more. Enough is Enough.

7th of May, 2009

Still all my websites are COMPLETELY shutdown today again.

HostMonster.Com must be well qualified to host "websites" to hurt your business anytime.

They can not fix it yet. Amazing Service.

• Ha
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I dont recommend hostmonster.com !
    at all... no...

• As
      10th of Sep, 2010

Yes, you are right.

Hostmonster is providing worst services in the world.

I am have 4 sites on this server. Unfortunately, my all sites are sucking due to slow downloading and Downtime problem.

My previous host ixwebhosting was providing much better services than hostmonster. It is really a monster for clients and their business

12th of Sep, 2010

I also experienced sometimes that I can not see my website, but they say they can see my website. They don't know how to fix it. Their tech support level seems low.
    They are worst.

12th of Sep, 2010

NEVER trust information like "Best top 10 hosting company"...they are all related... It is really B.S. information.

Listen to your close friends..

• Sh
      11th of Jan, 2011

To all those who are commenting about Hostmonster.com We at Shri Krishna Technologies have our primary domain and other 20+ client sites on Hostmonster.com

If you check hostmonster and bluehost are owned by the same parent company. Hostmonster clearly is cheap and hence it doesn't provide uptime guarantee and full support in many cases.

If you were looking for cheap hosting with unlimited space, unlimited domains support etc Hostmonster is very very good. But if you tell that they are slow (which i think is coding problem on your website) and support isn't upto mark or my site was down get Rackspace dedicated hosting for $99 per month and have 100% uptime guarantee or else sign up with bluehost for more amount than hostmonster and get good value for money.

There's a famous saying: You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!!!

Wonder why we support hostmonster. Its for those cheap clients of ours who say i thought we get hosting free with the website. We host them at Hostmonster.com

Cheers,
    Shri

• La
      23rd of Feb, 2011

My Experience with HostMonster:
    1) HostMonster auto renewed the domain and hosting after 1 yr.
    2) I asked them to remove the auto renewal and let the account expire.
    3) HostMonster then attempted to auto renew just the domain a few days later.
    4) Once again, I asked them to remove the auto renewal and let the domain expire.
    5) At this point, the primary email with the account was no longer active because it was routed through the domain. This was okay because I had asked that the account be let to expire.
    6) HostMonster auto renewed the hosting again.
    7) This time I never received any notice because the email account was gone.

They, then managed to suck over 100 dollars of fraudulent money out of me by charging my credit card on file every 3 months. (Note: It is impossible to remove the credit card information from the account or delete the account.) Now, after 29 emails and many representatives, they still refuse to refund the money.

• Jb
      6th of Aug, 2011

hostmonster just decided to do a 6-8 hr system upgrade. My site is not just down, it shows an access forbidden message to all users.
    1. I'm losing money by the minute on search engine ads that now lead nowhere
    2. Hostmonster did not bother to send an email to let me and other admin know or schedule several updates together.
    3. Hostmonster could have easily put a better message like "Under Maintenance, check back soon message" but the idiots that run the company or are running the maintenance don't know any better that putting an access forbidden message.

I've endured their crappy service and frequent downtimes for too long. As soon as I can access the files again, I'm finding a better host.

Hostmonster is garbage.

• Ri
      13th of Apr, 2013
    Hostmonster - Hostmonster Complaint Unresolved
    Hostmonster

HOSTMONSTER Customer service made an accounting mistake but refused to correct their error, stating that their system did not allow them to do that AND I WOULD HAVE TO PAY AGAIN. I originally called them Due to a technical problem, which they acknowledged. The tech explained that Weebly would stop working with a reset so they would have to close my account and create a new hosting account to correct the problem. I had 2 more years prepaid and they told me they would have to refund the credit card and re-charge it. I explained that this was unacceptable because it belonged to an X-employee, and I simply wanted the hosting credited and not refunded. I told them I would rather live with the technical problem if that was necessary. So even after all that and an hour of being transferred around to 5 different employees to find a manager or knowledgeable person to achieve this, what do you think they did? That's right, HOSTMONSTER APPLIED A REFUND TO AN X-EMPLOYEE'S CREDIT CARD. They END UP MAKING THE VERY MISTAKE I WAITED SO LONG TO PREVENT. Now the obvious solution was to credit my hosting account with the 2-years of prepaid service I ALREADY PAID FOR. What I got was "Sorry but the refund posted to the other card already so you HAVE TO PAY AGAIN". I gave them 3 more opportunities to make it right but they just kept trying to sell me another hosting account for the "everyday special price". Everyone makes mistakes and they are forgivable, BUT THIS MISTAKE COST HOSTMOSTER SOME OF THEIR INTEGRITY - A LITTLE OVER $100 WORTH. Bottom line, Hostmonster cannot be trusted to correct their errors or do the honorable thing, and that's just stupid business policy. Ironically they lost $100 when I insisted on NO REFUND from the beginning. I just wanted them to correct a technical problem with their hosting platform. This reflects poorly on the person that runs this organization too. I'll be posting this to lots of other sites over the coming weeks with a carbon copy sent via email to billing@hostmonster.com. One a day until I'm sure that the executives at Hostmonster discover what the un-named individuals in the technical support and billing departments have cost them. I'll post a follow-up in one month to let everyone know if an executive just made a staffing mistake or the company is seeded with this grade of integrity.

• Mo
      4th of Mar, 2014

I just left hostmonster(really sucks, rated Zero) after 4 years. Thru the 4 years, I have over 3000 emails from intersee stating my site was down anywhere from 1 hour to 3 days as i believe they meddle with the server too often, what isn't broke doesn't need fixing. Aside from that, i have word press sites that they recommend with the one click but wordpress is total garbage, it is the easiest hacking site on the internet and hostmonster doesn't protect its customers from malware or virus attacked, yes, they are getting through the website but they are hacking your server and you should have protection on your servers. I just called other hosting like 1and1 and they provide free malware protection with sitelock, all hostmonster wants is money, they tech support staff is the worst, i know more of what problems are then they do. i have told they so many times that my site was down do to php configurations and they would say no, no one meddle with the server today, just garbage and stay away from them

• Da
      11th of Aug, 2015

My business has been suffering a lot due to their bad service. I have experienced over half a day downtime. called, chatted and nobody does anything. They dont even give any ETA. Whether they don't care or don't know how to fix their issues if you have not started working with them it's better to save yourself from future hell building your website on their bad servers.

• Ra
      30th of Dec, 2016

worst service I have ever experienced. I wake up and see my website is suspended. no email no notification or notice no reason., I spent thousand of dollars on seo and now my website is down. I called from overseas waited for about 30 minutes on hold but no answer, I am still waiting for the chat support but it says" someone will be with you shortly" for more than 1.5 hours!! UNBELIEVABLE