HomeServe / Boiler Cover
I have a boiler contract with Homeserve.
My Glow-worm Enerygysaver 60 boiler started playing up so I contacted Homeserve.
They sent a engineer to take a look.
He found a leak and said he will order a part.
A week later I got a call from Homeserve saying that the parts will cost too much and they offered me £200 towards a new boiler and they would cancel the contract.
The parts they said it needed were: Main heat exchanger [protected] £446, sec heat exchanger [protected] £465, burner S203154P £165, gas council number 4131994.
Its seems that if the cost of repairs is above £200 then Homeserve will not attempt to fix it but just offer you £200 for a new boiler and cancel the contract.
You are better off putting the money aside instead of paying Homeserve.
SO, BEWARE IF YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH HOMESERVE. THE MOST THEY WILL COVER IS £200!!
More HomeServe Complaints & Reviews
- HomeServe - Refusal to fix drainage problem 
- HomeServe - furniture 
- HomeServe - Scam
- HomeServe - faulty repairs/no service 
- HomeServe - Failure to do what is promised 
- homeserverepairs.co.uk - complaint
- HomeServe Membership - water leak from mains pipe
- HomeServe Membership - Central heating care
- HomeServe Membership - uneconomic, irrational insurance for mundane home repairs
- HomeServe Membership - Gas service and breakdown care (Lack of it)