HomeServe / Boiler Cover

I have a boiler contract with Homeserve.

My Glow-worm Enerygysaver 60 boiler started playing up so I contacted Homeserve.

They sent a engineer to take a look.

He found a leak and said he will order a part.

A week later I got a call from Homeserve saying that the parts will cost too much and they offered me £200 towards a new boiler and they would cancel the contract.

The parts they said it needed were: Main heat exchanger [protected] £446, sec heat exchanger [protected] £465, burner S203154P £165, gas council number 4131994.

Its seems that if the cost of repairs is above £200 then Homeserve will not attempt to fix it but just offer you £200 for a new boiler and cancel the contract.

You are better off putting the money aside instead of paying Homeserve.

SO, BEWARE IF YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH HOMESERVE. THE MOST THEY WILL COVER IS £200!!

Kg

Comments

• St
      22nd of Feb, 2010

I have a problem with Homeserve they turned up last wednesday to look at my boiler
    only to say it needed a part when Friday arrived i called to see what was happening they
    told me it had been agreed to fix with new part but could not turn up till next Tuesday at
    which point the boiler broke down completely and they told me they would send over 3 new heaters
    they they said were on the van but they never was and we have had no heating all weekend
    they had lied to us

• Er
      22nd of Apr, 2011

I agree I had my boiler serviced by a good company which did cost, then agreed to Homeserve paying monthly all inclusive to be kept waiting with no hot water for four days kept being tried to be sold a new boiler over and over again, small leak thats all it was taped up 2 weeks later happend again then told it was the pump, which was not the case it was what they had not done in the first place the Engineer still telling me i need a new boiler crap, fixed now and working fine mmmm just like to say the man was also very rude and was a bully.