HomEq Servicing / Restroom Useage for Employees

1 North Highlands, CA, United States Review updated:

Hi There,

Currently there are some employees at Homeq Servicing who believe they are being mistreated. There is a particular supervisor who does not allow for her team to use the restroom unless it is on there break time. If the associtate uses the restroom other than his/her break then they are warned and advised to obtain a written Dr's note allowing for them to use the bathroom as if they have a problem or for some medical condition which may not exist. Once the Dr's note is obtained, then the associate is to give the note to the human resource department who will then allow the useage under FMLA. First of all, what about women and that time of the month, this just doesn't seem right. Not too mention their is nothing in their company policy which states if an employee must use the restroom other than their break, that they are to obtain a written dr's note in order to allow it. Second, I beleive that with regards to useage for FMLA one who has just been hired is not allowed to use it unless they have been at the job for more than a year. Is this ethical? Not too mention this is not across the board, only certain supervisors seem to be allowed to get away with this. What is one to do?

Comments

• Cv
      21st of Jan, 2011

I agree. I worked for Homeq for sometime and was terminated for not providing my private lab results for some blood work I had done violating my Hipaa rights. On top of that they also refused to pay me for 40 hours I had worked. I was forced to take them to court and won the judgement which their lawyers appealed changing the reason for my termination and hold of my wages 4 times . I can honestly say Homeq is the WORST company I have EVER worked for .