HomeCenter.com / Do not honor return policy!

1 303 Merrick RdLynbrook, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-8757999

I thought I was purchasing a complete bathroom sink & pedestal base from HomeCenter.com. What I received from them was just the bathroom sink top with no pedestal base and the sink was not the correct size. HomeCenter.com's website listed the wrong dimensions for the sink top, and the sink I received without the base was a full 10' shorter then advertised. I contacted Homecenter.com to discuss these problems. I was abruptly told that the base was not included. The base was shown in the picture as part of a complete package, and nothing was noted in the description that indicated that the base was not included, and even the base dimensions were included. I was also told that the there was nothing they could do about the wrong size problem.

I want to return the sink top,since it is not what I ordered. HomeCenter.com is charging me for return shipping and a restocking fee of 25%. Their return policy, described on their website, clearly states that incorrect items will be returned for no additional shipping charges and there is nothing mentioned about a restocking fee. I have left 4 voice messages and sent 3 emails to Stacey P., HomeCenter.com's customer service representative. I have received NO RESPONSE from her or anyone from the company. They are refusing to respond and deal with this situation in an honest and expeditious way. There lack of professional business behavior is shocking and frustrating. I believe that I should be able to return the sink top that is the wrong size and incomplete with no base without being charged an additional fee. I hope that this compliant will encourage someone in within HomeCenter.com to respond to this situation.

Va

Comments

• Ci
      23rd of Jan, 2008

HomeCenter.com has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I agree with the comment above, lack of professional business behavior is shocking and frustrating. NO BODY will call you back or write you back if you have a problem. I bought a Grohe Valve Trim, they said they will ship it to Puerto Rico thru USPS with no Shipping cost, after a month of not receiving anything I noticed my bank account was successfully debited, not only by the price of the part but plus a UPS shipping fee. Anyways the order has never arrived. I've emailed this person Lawrenceg@homecenter.com but he or she never replies, I've called twice to customer service and they just dont want to deal with the problem and they argue they sent it to the P.O. BOX which I check every single day, and the P.O. BOX returned it !!, although they have no USPS probe that they did, nor a airwaybill or tracking number.
    DO NOT BUY FROM HOMECENTER.COM customer service is terrible, they will not help you solve any problem.