HomeAdvisor / home advisor scam misleading sales force - no refunds after 72 hours

1 United States

What a joke and a rip off. The salesman called me over and over and kept saying how they were owned by Angies List and totally legit. I see the complaint over and over. They take your $347 and tell you if you get a lead you have the option take it or call and set up appointment. What they don't tell you is that you are charged for every lead they give you even if it is an answering machine and no one calls back. They also said they would send random complimentary leads. Man was I surprised at how lame their leads were. The first four I received I thought were complimentary I gave them a call to see the quality of lead. Got an answering machine on all of them and no calls back. Then I find out that I am charged average of $50 each for these dead leads. I understand there is no guarantee of a lead but this is not what they advertise they told me I would not be charged for dead leads where I don't reach anyone. Ripoff then after 72hours they wont give your $347 back. Huge scam don't get ripped off by this service huge ripoff. Never ever again. I am thinking of cancelling my Angies List account as well because they were so dishonest.

Aa