HOM Furniture / HOM Guard PLUS Protection

Sales person convinced us to buy 3 year protection plan ... saying everything is covered. This was particularily interesting to us since we have 5 grandkids and they are unpredictable. We even asked about specific examples like a child coloring on a piece of furniture. When we called about a claim, they mailed us a list of exceptions (not previously provided) which exlcude just about everything, including the examples we asked about.

This company is misleading. dishonest and unethical. I've spent over $10K there in recent years. I will never spend another dime there and will spend a life time bashing them and recommending that my extensive list of friends and family shop elsewhere.

Comments

• Rr
      Aug 27, 2010

I completely agree. They say everything is covered until they come out and say this is damage due to wear (using it)... Why else would you use the Home Guard. The BBB should be involved with this!

• La
      Jun 20, 2018

I am also very upset, I've recently moved and I asked about moving damages before purchasing the warranty, and they promised that if anything was to happen they would cover it, LIES. I called and they said moving damage does not count. Its a piece of wood that was damaged and no longer can have a screw put in because its cut in half. Therefor my head board is not safe to put up. They told me i would be charged a 50.00$ plus taxes