Holsted Jewelersunwanted merchandise/charges

I accepted a "free" ring from these people for being a great customer of Newport News fashions. I had to pay the shipping which was no biggy but declined all other offers they made. They have now charged my ATM for some crap that I didn't order, didn't want and are giving me a hard time about refunding the money. I will file charges with my band in the morning as they are closed at this time. I will also report them to the BBB and cancel my account with Newport News as they are the ones who connected us in the first place. Hang up on these people - you'll accounts will never be safe if you don't!!!

Comments

• Qt
      Nov 22, 2010

Dear West Virgina, Thank you so much for your information. I got a card in the mail today from
    Fashion Bug stating I would receive a free gift worth $50 for only $6.99 shipping. I'm sorry you had
    trouble but I'm not going to get involved with Holsted thanks to you. FYI, I just found out BBB, will not
    do anything about a bad company if they pay a fee to them. Everybody wants money!!!
    Grand Terrace, CA

• Co
      Dec 20, 2010

My wife accepted three pearl rings from Holsted Jewelers "Free, with no obligation". She has now received unrequested jewelry to the tune of over $300.00. We tried to talk to them, but they didn't seem to want to understand the concept...SEND NO MORE! I have written to the Better Business Bureau, the Ohio Attorney General's office and to the credit card company on which the charges were filed. This company is obviously not concerned with customer satisfaction...just scamming the customers out of their money. Will wait and see what good those letter do.

• Re
      Jan 06, 2011

I accepted the 3 free rings back in october ... never came and I forgot about it... then in december I noticed that they've been charging me over 200 in one month, for items I NEVER received. turns out they've been charging me this since october - I have my card set up for auto-pay and I just didn't notice in the hustle of the christmas period... I called and cancelled whatever subscription they had me on on 12/31, 1/3 the refunded me 107 dollars - boy big help THEN charged me AGAIN over a 100 for another 'shipment'. they say that I'll for sure get these shipments - sure, yeah right... saying that I can return them when I get them... I've never gotten anything from them EVER - hard to return items you don't GET!!! best of all, at the end - they offered me MORE items to pay for ... I couldn't believe it!

This company has been around since the 70s? how did they survive on scamming people this way? this is horrendous...

• Ki
      Jan 08, 2011

they keep taking money out of my account, I have told them over and over not to send me no more and they keep doing it anyway. Every time its like sixty bucks. I return them, but they dont give you the shipping and handling back, when I didnt order them in the first place. I will be calling the BBB.

• Ki
      Jan 08, 2011

Same thing happened to me. I'm going through bbb, hopefully they find something out for me. It's causing me to be sick.

• Pi
      Jan 23, 2011

I got a card from Sears Shop at Home with the same "deal" -- saying they had partnered with Holsted Jewelers to offer an exclusive 'thank you gift' valued at $5 FREE. It seemed a bit too good to be true, so I am glad I found this chain.

Good idea to contact the BBB; though I have heard lately that they are not as effective as they used to be. A better idea is to try the attorney general office -- though that can take a while Someone should start a FaceBook page on this scam.

• Fi
      Feb 15, 2011

@ Stealth Pilot. Be careful not to blame the victim...my Free offering postcard I received, had no such fine print about any ongoing club MEMBERSHIP fees. It simply said "All you pay is $6.99 S&H and applicable taxes". I can see that this company Holsted which it seems has now changed it's name to "Susan B." jewelry (probably because of all the complaints) has caused people a lot of hurt, pain and money. I just wanted to Thank You guys for posting these complaints! I just received this "Free" gift offer in the mail today...with Newport News as their partner. I was checking out their online site when I noticed the Complaint Boards as the #3 site from the top of the search page. That usually means there is an inordinate amount of complaints regarding this company. Thanks to you guys, I summarily ripped up the card. I also contacted Newport News and directed them to remove me from any further third party referral offers. Keep posting, whether you were scammed or not that will make this Complaint Site #1 and people will be duly warned not to get involved with these kinds of unscrupulous companies.

• Vc
      Apr 01, 2011

I would like to get a phone number to contact them about recent charges on my credit card. If some one could get that for me I would really appreciate it.

• Ju
      Apr 17, 2011

I did the same. Requested the Sapphire and Garnet Rings *FREE* and only had to pay the S&H of $6.99 each. The rings aren't so nice anyway but I figured, "hey, only $6.99 each, what do I expect?". Anyway, it was a ONE TIME thing because I refused ALL other offers!!! WELL, now my card has been charged $56.98 TWICE for a pair of Sapphire Earrings and a pair of Garnet Earrings. I'm so frustrated ! ! ! I called my bank and told them not to allow these charges or any other charges EVER from this company! I'm very upset!

• Go
      Jul 07, 2011

Yesterday I received a card with a free offer for an Amethyst and a Topaz Ring. Nice looking rings, I must say.
    In my case, 'Holsted Jewelers' are associated with 'Supermarket of Savings'. There is definitely no small print, that states anything about joining or paying a membership.
    It gives me an 800 # to call and a Free Gift Code. On the bottom it states " all you pay is shipping and handling plus applicable taxes "
    The Card is even personalized to me... really easy to trick you into believing legitimacy.
    Thank you, to everyone who posted their complaint, it certainly stopped me from calling.
    I hope with my posting, it will help to move up on the board of complaints.

• Ca
      Jul 13, 2011

I also received the same card with the same Amethyst and Topaz rings. I never heard of Holsted Jewelers and knew it was a hoax.How can "They" appreciate me when I've never had any dealings with them. Please remember the old saying...If it sounds too good to be true then it is!!!

skeptical

• Sy
      Jul 23, 2011

Here's the deal. When you call for a free ring, you are going to be offered more stuff. There's no getting around it. The sales agent is required to present the offer. If you decline future shipments, you are not getting a free anything. EVEN IF YOU TELL THE SALES AGENT ON THE PHONE THAT YOU DON'T WANT ANY FUTURE SHIPMENTS THAT IS NOT ENOUGH. The sales agent has no control over stopping future shipments, and you won't get sent the free jewelry unless you agree to future shipments. SO GET THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER UP FRONT AND MAKE SURE YOU CALL TO DECLINE ALL FUTURE SHIPMENTS WITHIN TEN DAYS LIKE THE SALES PITCH SAYS. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO WHAT IS BEING SAID WHEN YOU MAKE THE CALL. Listening doesn't mean waiting for your turn to talk, or interrupting the person talking to you. It means hearing and absorbing the terms and conditions of the offer being made to you. I'm sad for those of you who think you were scammed, but it's your responsibility to pay attention and take action. You made your own mess.

• Sn
      Dec 12, 2011

I changed my credit card account number as soon as I knew that I am enrolled in this program. I also sent them the form saying 'I do not wish to receive future items from this collection'. Some complaints were suggessting that even after sending that form they can send. I am not sure just changing my cc number changed will be helpful or not.

That is true that in first call the representative cannot cancel you out from the program. She said to me that after you receive the gift you can exit the program by calling or sending an attached form with the shipment. I think many people have not declined it after and it is our responsibility to pay attention and respond as required.
    Even after declining, if they send then only it can be called a SCAM. Not yet a scam for me.

Thanks

• Na
      Dec 13, 2015

I was offered the 2 rings with just shipping and handling but Sai I was not interested in the monthly club. I stressed this several times. Then about 3 weeks later I noticed a $66.00 charge. They said I signed up for the club I DID NOT. They said they would cancel but could not until I returned the order, which I have never received. I will be contacting the company again, since I am living in an independent living facility and my income is limited.

• Vi
      Jan 04, 2016

they took $66 out of my account. i told them i wasn't interested in any other orders. i was told the package had already been mailed, i could send it back not opened, just refuse the package and they will refun half the price back. who does this? really? i want a whole refund. brewton, .alabama

• Mi
      Jan 11, 2016

Same thing happened to me, I am trying to get my money back, and they keep charging my account, this better stop.