Hollister California / They critizized my daughter

1 Cinncinnati, OH, United States Review updated:

Last winter break i took my daughter to the mall. She just moved to a fancy neighborhood with fancy kids who wear Hollister, Abercrombie, Aeropostale, and American Eagle. She just wanted to fit in. So we went into Aeropostale first . she got two tops then we went to american EAgle. she got a pair of shoes. AS we went into Hollister my daughter looked so excited. I felt happy for her. Until miss perfect walked up. she told my daughter than nothing her would suite her and that she should check out Aeropostale. I stormed out of the store sorry we ever came. My daughter was in peices. The whole mall was starring. I looked at abercrombie and noticed it was worse. You should be ASHAMED HOLLLISTER AND ABERCROMBIE we will never by from you again. You are pathetic.

Comments

• Xh
      17th of Jun, 2009

If I were working at Abercrombie/Hollister, I would say the same thing to some dumb little 12 year old who should be in school too! =]

Ps- Saying some multi-million-dollar company lost you as a customer, makes you seem pretty pathetic. Get a life.

• La
      18th of Jun, 2009
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

^ people like her are why sometimes I want to punch people in the face.
    I shop at American Eagle, Aeropostale, and Hollister but i also shop at marshalls and target. I could care less if i fit in. If a person in there said something like that to me, i'd slap her and continue with my purchases. I shop wherever the hell I want to :)
    Tell your daughter she shouldn't try fitting in. I'm a senior in high school by the way, not a 12 year old, but I was once a 12 year old and moved into a different country, so I understand.

• Ho
      23rd of Aug, 2009

well i work and shop at hollister and I know that hollister and abercrombie target TEENS 14-22. Not 12 year old 7th graders who are compleatly desperate to fit in! Oh Im gonna take a guess that your daughter isnt really popular, isnt really pretty and is just looking for a way to fit in... well wearing hollister isnt gonna make her cool or popular, its just going to make her look like a WANNA BE, when hollister is meant for REAL popular people!

• Mr
      25th of Aug, 2009

"...when hollister is meant for REAL popular people!"
    Ha ha ha, Hollister is one of those brands where when I see someone wearing it I automatically put them in the "douche bag" category. Could there be a more pretentious brand than Hollister?
    I realize this image is of someone wearing American Eagle but to me American Eagle and Hollister are synonymous.
    So how do you like that, hollister<3? People associate the clothes you love so much with douche bags. Feeling popular yet?

• Mr
      25th of Aug, 2009

I don't know why the ### I can't post photos but this was the link.

• Al
      12th of Sep, 2009

Ignore miss perfect. If she had a chance to try on clothes from hollister, I know she would look good.

• Hc
      12th of Sep, 2009

you guys talk about fitting in, being your own person, and not being ashamed of who you are and then you go ahead and automatically label someone a douche bag for not wearing hollister? think about that...you are being worse then the "people" at hollister.

which isnt even true. i have worked at two diff. hco stores in two diff. states, and at both everyone was extremelly nice. idk how many times employees have taken little girls, or grandmoms looking for a gift around the store to find the perfect stuff for them. not everyone at hco is mean or rude just like not everyone who wears black is emo.

so just like you dont want us to judge you over a few people, , dont judge us over a few people

• Ve
      12th of Sep, 2009

No employee should be allowed to be this rude. You should go back, obtain the empoyee's name, and report her to the manager. Good luck!

16th of Sep, 2009

I agree that the employee should not be rude, and yes they can be like that in a lot of Hollister stores, just like a lot of employees in any other chain can be. People have bad days which could have been why they were like that but you should encourage your daughter to be herself rather than the same as everyone else. Also people who wear Hollister are not automatically a 'douche bag' we just like the brand, so we wear it.

• Li
      8th of Jun, 2010

well i think that they should just fire the employee. the whole store isnt stuck up... well i guess that depends WHICH one you go to but yea if i saw someone say that to a little girl i would seriously confront them and ask to speak to their boss b/c that is unaccepatable... i was overweight when i was 12 and every other girl in my middle school was wearing hollister and abercrombie tees while i was stuck wearing pacsun and wetseal because of the sizes. Like dont get me wrong though i LOVE wetseal and pacsun but i just felt like [censor] b/c i was intimidated by hollister omg imagine if someone sed that to ME when i was 12 i was already on the road to annorexia like Omg that pisses me off