Holiday Club / Lying to get people to attend

Yesterday was the fourth time that we have been caught into going to one of Holiday Club's marketing evenings. We were assured that it was not a time share evening and was to do with a charity competition we has sent an sms to in the beggining of the year. We told the telesales woman that if it was in connection where we would need to pay in or buy something it was not worth our time as my husband has been unemployed for the past 6 months.

Imagine my disgust and anger when we indeed found out that it was a Holiday Club **** to get people to come to there evening.

It is truly disgusting that the word charity and Holiday Club can be used together. My husband and I support charities every year, this being one of the first years in ages that we have not been able to support with our current situation.

It's so upsetting to know that the telesales person did not care that she had waisted our petrol to drive an hour from our house to the venue and our time with our one year old son as he would be asleep by the time we got home and i had not even seen him for the day as i leave for work before he wakes up. Something should be done about their false advertising.

Un

More Holiday Club Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ti
      16th of Jan, 2011

I couldn't agree more. They should be made illegal as far as I am concerned. My husband and I are fighting to get out of the contract at the moment. It is always the "hard sell" and lies...all the best for the future.

• Sh
      30th of Jun, 2011

sorry for taking so long to get back to you I got lost on this web site.
    Anyway I have stoppped payment to the holiday club and they are jumping up and down demanding things the only thing I might have done is got them to look at the Fremantle sales agents.
    Anyway im off to see the lawyer next week to see what I can do I am going to take a leap of faith and put my email address here and if anyone is interested they maybe able to jump on board to see what can happen from here but after talking to lawyers and others on line it looks like we might have a case if most stoies are consistant.
    So the email is stmullen@bigpond.com and my name is Shane Mullen
    so thanks for reading and hope to hear from as many supporters as possible.