Holiday Builders / signing a contract/building new home with them

1 Community is Inlet Heights in Panama City Beach, Florida 32413Panama City Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

I'm complaining on behalf of a friend who is going through hell with Holiday Builders. First, as with many other reviews, the house was not being built on schedule. Next, again as with many other reviews, they were not doing several things as specified in the contract. For example, the back porch was smaller than specified, the driveway was not laid with pavers and they laid NO sod as expected. Then, upon completion of an inspection done by my friend's licensed/certified professional inspector...huge issues were found with the foundation and many other things. Now, instead of Holiday Builders fixing the issues, which wouldn't have cost more than $5, 000 according to the building engineers and permits office, they have gone back and forth and put a patched piece of wood to try and cover the 3/4 in. sag in the second story of the house!!! Then, they said my friend refused to close on the house and have now listed it for sale!!! My friend and her family did not refuse to close, but simply asked them to fix the issues before closing. They currently have nowhere to live and still want the house they had planned to move into and are now at the point of beginning a lawsuit. Holiday Builders is not only unprofessional and shady, but they are just plain stupid! They will spend more fighting this lawsuit and losing, because my friend has a cut and dry case, then if they just fixed the damn issues! They are the perfect example of corporate greed...they build things quickly and cheaply in order to make money, with no thought or care for the folks in which they are building houses. Not to mention, many of their houses are cheap-o pieces of S#$T!!!

Re
Oct 28, 2015

Comments

• Su
      9th of Dec, 2015

To the above poster. My family is looking to purchase this home from the builder. Can you be more specific about the issue with the foundation as they are telling us there is no issues with the house. We plan on having an inspector look at the house but I'm worried they will not find the issues you are referring. Thanks for your consideration; hope you are able to find a house that works for you and your family.

• Dr
      22nd of Oct, 2018

Your friend has zero case. They signed an arbitration clause in the contract. They are not able to go to a US courtroom.

And this is typical Holiday Builders behavior. Unbelievably shoddy construction, and when called out on it, and they know you've already made plans to move, and have thousands of dollars a year of time waiting, they say "Take it or leave it" . They actually threatened to cancel my contract if I came to look at the house being built. That should tell anyone all they need to know about this very substandard builder.

They actually told me on closing day I had to accept all the defects or walk away and lose all my down payment. How someone has not taken matters into their own hands at this point, is beyond me.