Holiday Builders / buyer beware!

I purchased a Holiday Home in July of 2005 in the Shaw Creek Ranch addition. Not only have I experienced trouble with Holiday making warranty repairs, Crooked walls, cracks in brick and foundation problems. In addition Holiday qualified anyone who applied and I have found that I'm surrounded by the criminal element, drug dealers and violent offenders. The neighborhood is rapidly going down hill and is only a little over 2 years old. Buyer Beware...

Comments

• Sh
      1st of Sep, 2011

I live in the same neighborhood and I have not known of any drug dealing nor criminal activity. We have 5 officers in the neighborhood and also a Neighborhood watch program. Holiday cannot approve anyone to purchase a home because they are the builder and not the lender. Since I work in the mortgage banking industry, I KNOW this is not true!

• Re
      15th of Feb, 2015

I am so upset right now. I purchased my Holiday Home in 2007. My home had upgrades, was built in 2006. Came with front loader washer and dryer. That was my freebie. Well here it is not 2014, these things began happening in 2013, I just happened upon this site. Along the wall in my master bath, all along the base boards, running on along the tub, going on along the wall ending at the baseboard to the door at the toilet, is mold, dried. If you "thump", along the floor, it is hollow underneath the floor covering, along the site, at the base board. Very shoddy work. There is a hole in front of the toilet which has the same effect which the heel of my foot feels the indention each time I step over it. Where the baseboard is growing the mold all around, this has gotten into the sheet rock and starting to go up. Its leaking from somewhere. WELL, I call Holiday Bulider's, and along with that Bonded Surety People, and of course they backed out of that warranty, saying it is not "structural". There are also cracks and crooked sheet rock in my bathroom as well, I mean splitting. They also cut a piece of floorcovering at the entrance way going from the kitchen to the hallway, which is not peeling up. Could not see this when first moved in, but after wear and tear of that entry way, of course you can see where they glued the pieces together. They are telling my I am out of the warranty period, which I am with Holiday. 7 yrs out with Holiday, from the time I reported it, but that Bonded people, I was not. They are building in my neighborhood now, Taryn's Estates, in Milton, FL, and as I walk through, I am looking through bathrooms, and ah ha!, I see concrete, knocked out along base boards where a mistake was made in measurements, misjudgements around plumbing, where holes will be, and they will try to fix it with quick cement, and it will not hold, I sure with I could warn these future home owners. You can see who the "future homeowner's" are on the building site. The same thing will happen to them after about 6-7 yrs. We get into a rainy season around Jul-Aug every year. I was directed by them to contact my homeowner insurance, so I have a feeling, this is going to be a ping pong complaint. Maybe the insurance company will sue Holiday, after they get their inspector in. I hope a future homebuyer will read this. I love my home. I have the "Carmel", don't know if they build this home anymore.