Holiday Autos / Misleading quotations

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

If you look at the pic of my recent quote from this company, a couple of things stand out. Total Rental Price is GBP 46.00 and "No Hidden Extras". Surprise, surprise on triple -checking it turns out that they were planning to levy an additional GBP 35 because it is a one-way rental. Now it states right thre on the quote that this is a one-way rental, and that the TOTAL price will be GBP 46.

But then there is that 'important information' link; what does it have to say on the subject?

Under "What's not included?" there is a line "One-way rental charges where applicable". And there are 2 lines under Delivery and collection/one-way rentals: "One way rental could be on a request bases with the supplier." (Whatever THAT means!) and "There could be a one way rental charge depending on the location and the supplier."

But obviously not in my case right, I mean they know my location and supplier and the TOTAL price is GBP 46.

So if this doesn't qualify as a hidden extra, what would exactly? Don't give these people your business, it will only encourage them.

Holiday Autos

Be

Comments

Sp
  16th of Aug, 2013
Holiday Autos - Excess Claim
Holiday Autos
England, Surrey
United Kingdom

Hello

I was charged an insurance excess fee on returning a rental car allegedly as sandstorm damaged had occurred to the vehicle.
The car rental broker through whom I made the rental and took out the Total Damage Excess waiver policy, is now refusing to refund the cost claiming the damage amounts to negligence in my driving through a sandstorm.
I fully refute the claim I was neither negligent - I found myself in an unavoidable and unexpected weather situation and more importantly, I maintain that not withstanding the alleged damage (which in itself was unidentifiable), my purchase of a full insurance waiver product provided protection in advance of the rental from the broker should have provided more than adequate coverage from such a charge and nowhere was such alleged damage an obvious nor stated exception of the Total excess waiver policy.

I am simply trying to guage, as I have now reached an impasse with the broker, if I have recourse to make a valid small claim against them. The Claim value is approx. £1100.00. Thanks very much for any guidance and advice.

Lee Bryan