HMS Home Warranty / They are a joke
I wish I would have done some consumer research before renewing my HMS Warranty TWICE after buying my first home!! Would have saved me over a grand easily!! I had to call on them twice, and both times, I got strung along by HMS. The first time was for my gas water heater, which was experiencing a gas leak and posed a dangerous situation, but after paying $99 for the HMS contractor to come out, they told them there was nothing wrong w the unit! My plumber came out the very next day for another issue I was having, and said girl, if you don't get this fixed ASAP this house could blow up! Just to be safe, I got another opinion, and sure enough, the thing needed to be replaced, PRONTO. All this less than 24 hrs after HMS took my $100 and ran.
I believe in giving companies a fair second chance, so when my garbage disposal under my sink began to leak, I called my plumber right away so as to avoid a bigger problem. He came right away, and I had HMS on the phone by the time he arrived. They REFUSED to let him do the work if they were going to cover it. He even got on the phone for me and advised the representative that if it wasn't fixed soon, I would have another plumbing problem on my hands, but the rep would not budge. So I ended up paying for 2 repairs to my home that they claim they cover. I am DONE w HMS for good. I would rather pay for my replacement costs out of pocket when the need arises from now on, because that's exactly what I had to do...TWICE!!
More HMS Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- HMS Home Warranty - Do not use – absolutely horrible 
- HMS Home Warranty - Cover Nothing 
- HMS Home Warranty - NO COVERAGE 
- HMS Home Warranty - AC Unit
- HMS Home Warranty - Aggravated and disappointed 
- HMS Home Warranty / HMS National / Cinch Home Services - warranty/customer service
- HMS Home Warranty / HMS National / Cinch Home Services - failure to provide purchased services
- HMS Home Warranty / HMS National / Cinch Home Services - claims
- HMS Home Warranty / HMS National / Cinch Home Services - poor service - little to no coverage
- HMS Home Warranty - air conditioner