Hilton

Advance Purchase Reservation

Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Buffalo, United States
hilton.com
Buyer Beware!!! Using Hilton Hotels & Resorts Advance Purchase Reservations system prevents you from getting a refund…PERIOD! I showed up at the counter of the hotel I had booked reservations with online using the advance purchase option. Desk clerk could not find my reservation. As it was during the unprecedented snow event that was occurring (6' of snow!) and I had my 80 year old mother with me, I booked and paid for two rooms assuming that, once Hilton saw that I still patronized the exact hotel on the exact same night, they'd refund me. NOPE! In my hurry to book as I was told by the desk agent over the phone that FEMA was negotiating taking the remaining rooms so he couldn't book them for me over the phone, I didn't realize the date had defaulted to Dec 20th. Hilton's response, policy is no refunds so no refund. 18 years as a Hilton Honors member for both myself and my husband didn't matter, good customer service didn't matter. Lost my business forever based on principle, not money.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hotels

Comments

A  23rd of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
I Completely Agree! Hilton Has Cheapened Themselves By Using These Non Refundable Advanced Purchase Rooms. The Service Is Horrible When Dealing With Them. They Make No Exceptions To Their Non-refundable/or Changes Policy. I Did Not Realize This when I Booked. I have booked so many times with Hilton and never been aware they had this type of arrangement. I Booked my hotel several Weeks In Advance Not Knowing There Would Be An Incident That would prevent me from Traveling. After calling several times the Advanced Purchase Office Gave Such Bad Service and Response to me when I tried to Cancelled for unpreventable circumstances that I ended up cancelling all my future reservations because of their horrible service. Hilton showed me that they really did not value a loyal H Honors customer. If I had known they would have ended up treating me as they did, I would have used A Discount Hotel Service where I could have gotten better service And rates from using Hotels Dot Com, Bookings Or Expedia. I Did Not Expect All Of The trouble And poor service from Hilton because I booked this room. Buyers Be Aware. Using Advanced Purchase is completely NOT worth the inconvenience. There are just too many other quality choices to book a room with that will allow flexibility of a change or refund. Hilton's Advance Purchase is a big rip off.
N  15 hrs 31 mins ago by    0 Votes
@JoynPain Im so upset, Im having a very similar experience, this should be illegal they are forcing me to book a hotel and pay $50 dollars because Im canceling a trip to New Orleans, due to their flooding. The companies ethics is wrong. They refuse to refund me $422 dollars and are extremely rude over the phone. Causes me stress and a migraine, I cant believe that this is even legal.
A  13th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
CAUTION when using Advanced Purchase. Worst customer service I've ever encountered. I spend probably an hour searching for various Nashville hotels for 1/10/17. I finalized my decision on the Vanderbilt Hampton and had my credit card in hand. Before booking the room, I decided to go authenticate into HHonors to get the honors points, and then went to Advanced Purchase to book the room. Immediately I received my confirmation number and I thought I was good to go. When I arrived at the Hampton front desk on the 10th, I was told my booking was actually on the 17th. They had no other rooms. I spent most of the evening in Nashville trying to find a room and had to disrupt my planned evening schedule. I found a room at nearly double the rate with expensive parking. The first rude Advanced Purchase rep questioned whether I read all the fine print of the purchase agreement. And told me that they would not refund my rate. I spoke to a different Advanced Purchase rep the following day. She admitted that the Advanced Purchase system will change my chosen date and choose the next available date they have for the advertised rate. In my case, I was going to book though the Hampton directly for 1/10/17. But since Advanced Purchase did not have that price for the 10th, they changed my date to the 17th. And sent out the confirmation stating the 17th. The rep said the onus in on the buyer to notice the changed date. And the buyer should have recognized the changed date on the confirmation. And since the contract was binding, they could not refund the purchase. BUT out of courtesy they could transfer the cost toward any other hotel stay in the Hilton network as long as that date was booked within 4 days w/ a $25 transfer penalty. I don't travel often, but coincidentally I had to go out to San Fran in a couple months. So I found a nice Hilton, with relatively fair parking, for a nice price. I called the Advanced Purchase rep and spoke to yet a 3rd rude person. I wanted to cancel my Nashville 1/17/17 stay, pay my $25 penalty, and book a room in the San Fran Hilton I found. She told me they do not have Advanced Purchase at that hotel (4 months out, i might add). But she could do Advanced Purchase at a more expensive hotel with outrageous parking rates and no breakfast. I tell you. This is will be my last stay at a Hilton. Its hard to believe that Advanced Purchase can still be in business. COMPLETELY TERRIBLE AND DISHONEST. BUYER BEWARE!
A  13th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Totally agree! Hilton Honors BUYER BEWARE. I booked with a click of a button on the app and then it was HORRIBLE service after that after I tried to cancel before even checking in. No more Hilton for me!
N  15 hrs 29 mins ago by    0 Votes
@Anna562 Im in your same boat, my father is also a honors member his company does business with the Hilton, however, I will make sure that changes after the terrible unethical service I have recieved.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree