Higher Balance Institute / Withholding my refund

United States Review updated:
2.6
Higher Balance Institute - www.higherbalance.com

I ordered a meditation CD package after reviewing their information online and talking to a representative via phone. I returned the product within a month. They have a 365-day return policy. It has been over one month and I still have not received my refund of $81.00. I filed a complaint with the BBB which they forwarded to them for a response. BBB says that they are not a member and has not responded to the complaint.

I should have never ordered this product because the website says you can make three payments, but when you try to do so it took the full payment anyway. I had to call them to straighten this out. They did refund my money within 6 days. They had there product back but still deducted another payment from my account. Then they told me that it takes a full 30 days to refund your money even though they have their product back. They never explained the "process" that takes so long for a full refund.

By the way, the product does NOT do what it claims to do in helping quiet your mind and put you in a meditative state. That's why I returned it in the first place!

More Higher Balance Institute Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ju
  13th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
On the contrary, I found Higher Balance to be of great help in quieting the mind and putting me in a meditative state. When dealing with an issue, it is best to talk to a representative to see how you can improve your results. For one thing, it does take effort to get in a meditative state and anyone that sells a product that claims to bring you into a meditative state effortlessly is fibbing. However, Higher Balance's method of meditating does bring meditators in a meditative state faster than ancient methods. If you think that sitting down and listening to the meditation music alone is going to get you into a meditative state, you will be disappointed. There's nothing like it.
Pe
  7th of Mar, 2013
Higher balance institute is run by a cult leader who faced allegations of sexual abuse of a child. They charge between $400-$1200 for six CD's, they start off with lower prices and indoctrinate the listener into their cult, charging higher and higher prices to listen to Master Eric Pepin ramble on about his magical powers.

A dangerous man, a dangerous cult with dangerous people protecting them. Avoid at all costs.
Ge
  17th of Jun, 2013
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Actually it demonstrate in my personal experience, they are out there to take the money from trusty
people that visit the Web page They took my money, they never acknowledge the transaction, no receive
and never send me the promoted material !!! How do you call this ???
Fraud and thief's in my book !!
Ne
  15th of Apr, 2014
Actually the charges were not of sexual assault of a child. It was claims that Eric Pepin had a sexual relationship when he was 18 years old with a 17 year old, in a state where both consenting individuals must be older than 18.

Meanwhile other states the age of consent is 14 and 16. In those states there would have been no case. In the end the accuser came out after Eric Pepin was aquitted and stated that he was in fact 18 not 17, so no laws were broken
Ja
  18th of Mar, 2017
I find it very interesting how easily some of these "supposed" facts can be refuted. First off lets start with the claim. If the OP Is unhappy iwth his purchase, I certainly hope he did receive his refund. However I am curious how he contacted the BBB. The BBB does have a record with Higher Balance Institute and they have been a member for 15 years. (Verified through BBB) Secondly, people always complain about money being taken and not received on through internet transactions. According to the US federal Trade commission, the regulator of internet commerce tracking services, many transactions do not go through. In fact, when they check the facts regarding complaints of this manner, 92.7% (Statistic provided by FCC fraud division), the transaction was never processed/received by the purchaser's bank. So if a transaction hasn't occurred, how can fraud happen? Lastly as mentioned above, to call someone a child molester is very misleading, the facts of the case present a very different record (all public record and verifiable). he was charged of having sexual relations with a 17 year old when he was 18. In fact he was never convicted but acquitted of those charges. Please keep in mind not to believe everything you hear or read. heck even our own government and media have been caught lying to us many, many times over the last year. As with most situations, people and companies seem to have a bias and agenda with what they report and say.