HFC / Scam and corruption!

1 2170 Colisuem DriveHampton, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 757-896-2393

On February 22, 2008 I closed on a home equity loan from my bank of which I consolidated some bills. As soon as I received the checks I immediately went straight to HFC and gave them a check for $4, 877.30 and requested my account be closed. This was the balance due on the last statement that I had received from them in January. When I handed the receptionist the check I told her that I was paying this account in full and to close the account.

I was then informed that I owed an additional $125.46 (an additional finance charge I was told). I told her that was all the money that they were getting from me and walked out. I paid HFC the balance that was indicated on my last statement that I had received, although the payment was late because I was waiting to close on my home equity loan. This was the second $5, 000 loan I had paid off with them and early and I always made my payments on time. My other creditors that I paid off was more than happy to waive any late fee or finance charge because of the wait on the home equity loan.

I received another statement, this time another finance charge plus a late fee had been added, bringing the balance to $160.69. I called the branch where I got the loan to try and talk to someone about this. I couldn't get past the receptionist. I explained to her what had happened and she told me to call customer service. She was very hateful and rude and nasty to me. But I called customer service and again they would not help me. I again called the local branch and requested to talk to the manager, a Ryan McMichael. As typical of loan sharking companies of this nature he was of course not available.

I left a message for him to call me of which he did not. I did however receive a call from a Keith Freeman on April 4, 2008 who stated he was the Vice President (I wonder) of HFC. His number is [protected]. I explained to him what had happened with the home equity loan and that I was requesting all the additional charges be waived.

As expected he was of little help and showed not sympathy. He did however indicate that he waive the additional finance and late charge and that I only had to pay $125.00 due on April 7, 2008. I dropped a check off for that amount on that day. I have now received an email notification that my account if past due and that the amount owed is the additional finance charge that Mr. Steve Freeman had just waived last week. What kind of people are they. Have they sold their soles to the devil? I have pretty good credit, not perfect but I do pay my bills.

My complaint is what is contractually right and what is morally right. These people want every dime they can get from hard working people. Well, I will live on the street before I borrow from them again. A beg of you all, don't get involved. Don't be tempted as I was twice by that easy $5, 000 check they send you. Tear it up immediately and mail it back to them. If people like us quit borrowing from people like them, they will soon be out of business. Google this place and read what they have done to others. They are morally criminal. It is my hope that I can cost them much more than that $35 they want from me.

Va

Comments

• Au
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I have a complaint against the HFC that I will be passing on to the Attorney General. HFC - put us in a balloon paying plan - that we could not possibly pay.

They over appraised our house twice over for what it was worth. When we try to get the matter clear, we were informed that we had signed the contract and there was nothing we could do. Some people were assisted, but a date line had been put into the process and, of course of, are complaint was not included in the date line of possible - monies returned.

We need this comtract reviewd and monies returned to us. We are Senior now, health failing and have little money to try to survive. We need justice and to be made back hold.

There should be no contract that was been written, even though signed, that people should be held to it, especially when calculations have been put into place, and promises have been made that are totally against the consumer.

We were not protected, and we are suffering for these problems, We need this HFC program reviewd just for the sake of justice and peace of mind.

I have ALL the paperwork from the beginning until the end. We need help and to be made back hold. We need a bailout

18th of Jan, 2009

HFC should be put to death!! I had an existing loan with them, balance app. 3, 000.00. I was recieving settlement cks weekly and wasn't concerned. Unfortunately the economy went dead and so did my income. Ihave been a house mate with a wonderful man and he works as a building framer. His work stopped, as did his income. Between the two of us, we sold all we could to make ends meet. What was left in our account was to sustain us for app. three months. Out of nowhere, HFC levys his only account because I was co-signer. We are now losing everything. I called &called to no avail. The "wonderful, biligerent, degrading" man (David Gregg) to whom I finally contacted, stated it was our problem and that HFC needed to pay their utilities and people like me & my partner were basicly losers. I hope all can read this, as I have read so many and know we are not alone. With the Grace of God, a whole lot of luck, and a great attorney, we may, as "the little no good, losers" find our way out and heads above the water

• Ka
      21st of Apr, 2010

Massachusetts WAKE UP CALL If you financed or refinanced with HFC in any one of their offices from 2006 thru their closing and you have problems with predatory lending practices CALL HUD NOW somebody and everybody has to come forward CALL the attorney Generals office. This company needs a class action lawsuit against them from MASSACHUSETTS. They closed all their offices I WONDER WHY CALL Your HUD AGENCY and start processing your complaints with the Attorney Generals office WE CAN WIN

• Ka
      21st of Apr, 2010

HFC It is so strange that the people working in this company can not tell you who the CEO is they say they don't know. I was told a Chris Oneil was and the next rep told me he no longer worked there since a couple of days ago. And he has no idea who is in charge now. This company is so big and has so many names and affiliates no wonder they get away with so much no body knows how to get to the core of this scamming business Please comment if your in Massachusetts. This company needs to be STOPPED