Health Buy / scam and cheating

Healthbuy sold me 3 jars Bowtrol colon cleanse. I paid $125 including post & packing to deliver to me in London. Product did not work and disagreed with me so I returned all 3 (2 entirely unopened) for a full refund.

I asked them not to send me a US$ check, as I don't have a US$ bank account, but to refund my credit card, from which they took my payment. They ignored everything I asked them. They sent me check for US$46 (less than half what was owed to me) and it is proving impossible to contact them. Now I will have to pay fees to my bank (in England) to deposit the US$ check and it will be worthless to me once my bank takes its fees.

Why if they can take payment so easily/instantly from my credit card. can't tey refund to my credit card, as I'd requested in writing.

They don't appear to have a phone number, they don't reply to my e-mails or the e-mails bounce back, and their order line (which I phone in USA, at some expense) claim not to have a tel. no. for the organization.

There is NO customer support. I feel I've been ripped off and ignored and I've certainly been short-changed. I am out of pocket and these people don't give a damn! All communication was one-sided (mine) and done by internet.

I am frustrated as I don't know how to get through to these people and I feel I now have no recourse to them.

Comments

• Ga
      9th of Apr, 2009

I totally, totally, totally, totally, totally AGREE! When I reached the part when asked if I wanted to purchase the teeth whitener, there was no place to answer yes or no. I clicked to the next segment which showed the final invoice, and it included the price of the teeth whitener. I have crowns on all of my teeth. There was no need for me to order a teeth whitener.

There was no way I could cancel. There was no phone number or e-mail address to cancel. A further deceptive tactic are pictures of Rachel Ray, Dr. Perricone and all of the major cable and network logos which fraudulently appears as if they were endorsing the product, which is why I purchased it. The fine print at the bottom says that they do not.

I don't usually get taken, but I did this time. FRAUD! FRAUD! FRAUD!

14th of Sep, 2009

So, did you guys get your money back? If so, how did you doooooo it?

I'm in the same boat...that is terrible.

• Ke
      16th of Sep, 2009

they have scammed me to, i signed up for a free trial on diet pills, happily paid the 3.99 shipping charge. pills did nothing butgive me a really bad headache. after a few days i gor rid of them. went to the cash point and was shocked to see i was 99 pounds down. drove to the bank to find health buy had taken the money to sent a months supply of the crap.

if any one has got there money back from these con artists pleaseeeee tell me hoe u did it

14th of Oct, 2009

i wanted to make an order but I just want to talk to someone and there is no phone number

• Ju
      14th of Oct, 2009

This won't get your money back but if you want to vent your feelings like I did, this is the email address I have been corresponding with. support@healthbuy.com On their website there is a way to get to their complaints department and this is the email address that it goes to. Good luck but I don't think you'll get your money back, I didn't. There is an office in England too who I think I might write to but you're right, no phone number. The office in England is on their website.

United Kingdom Office
    Unit 1, 15-17 Caledonian Road
    P.O. Box 159, London
    England, N1 9DX

Only a P O Box so probably no joy thier but worth a try.

• Zi
      20th of Oct, 2009

has actually anybody managed to cancel it an to get his money back? pleeeaaase say yes!

yesterday i got my first delivery of this bloody toothpaste and also i got my bank statement and was shocked when i saw what's happened! what can i do? help!

• Da
      26th of Oct, 2009

The only way to pay back these FRAUDSTERS is like me, contact your credit card provider and cancell your credit card, explain the reason why and have a new one issued.This will render the details you gave them useless.

Its hassle but it ensures that the FRAUDSTERS cannot access your money as the card details you gave them are now not live and the request for payment will be declined.

Hope this helps.

• Lo
      19th of Nov, 2009

so glad I have picked this up from you all, yeap I have been done over as well :-( I am defo going to the email / letter and cancel my Credit Card, I didnt even receive the goods ... hey ho lessoned learned and puts you off ordering from the net. Thank you all for your help.

• De
      22nd of Nov, 2009

I got done with the teeth whitener. I tried to cancel my credit card but card (Tesco) people said even if I cancelled and then this company charged in future Tesco would honour it and chase me for the money. Unbelievable!

• Mi
      3rd of Dec, 2009

i order but the declined my order and they did not give my money back!
    !http://www.virilityex.com/ - 2 Bottle (Virility EX Pills)
    - 1 Bottle Trial Package (Virility EX Oil)
    - 1 Bottle Trial Package (Deer Antler Plus)
    - Shipping Insurance
    N/A Order was Declined

8th of Dec, 2009

Hey there my partner been done over too!!! Ordered a trial of a colon cleanse and acai berry something, received both but only got e-mails through for the acai berry. Cancelled that one but have now been charged $170 for the colon cleanse that we never received any e-mails to be able too cancel!!! They be a bunch of rip of ###!!! Same deal with credit card they will still be able to charge to it even if i cancel it. This is absolutely discusting i dont know how places get away with doing these things.
    Good luck everybody in getting your money back i really hope you do!!!

• Ni
      11th of Dec, 2009

Sameeeeeeeeee Has Happenddd 2me!!! Left me confusedd! I couldnt believe my bank statemnt! :-O I have charged over $180 and I really doubt there is anyway of getting your money back! here is their number: 02030062872! call them after 6! they open till 12midnite-UK- I think! It says 9-5pm! But its actualli 8hrs after or something! But I spoke to them! they so useless! I have been told that they billing department will get back to me, as I told them about all the different charges! and been told that I shouldnt have been charged! and that I have subscribed a LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP! ;-( I still cant belive this!

They will tell you, you have to cancel within 14days, which I couldnt! because I couldnt find any contact details of them! anywhere! someone at the bank helped me through the phone by getting there contact details!

I have tried cancelling with my bank! But been told that they still can take money out! which is ridiculous! I doubt getting money back! But possible of them stopping taking future payments out!

Their email is: support@healthbuy.com
    Hope I helped! although im helpless myself! :-(

• Je
      25th of Feb, 2010

Health Buy is a terrible company. They are all over the internet bashing other products and linking to theirs. They are nothing more than con men who are selling crap to customers. The owners are internet marketing experts - they spam and flog and hide behind so many different names. A TERRIBLE COMPANY SELLING TERRIBLE PRODUCTS.

• St
      8th of May, 2010

If The Authority know about this!!! Than Why don't they close their webpage down. And arrest the FRAUD!!!

• Ka
      19th of Jun, 2010

I have dealt with healthbuy.com for a number of years now. I have not ever had a complaint other than one shipment which was delivered to someone else and I got theirs. On phoning them we were told to keep the orders and they were sending the correct ones.

I had the amount deducted from my credit card that day.

I placed an order yesterday and checked the box for postage in error, instead of monthly shipping. I called the customer care, they answered the phone in good time, and the guy was friendly and corrected the faults. My account was credited with the amount immediately as confirmed by email.

7th of Jul, 2010

Im really concerned now, i ordered a bottle of pills, the total amount came to 61.88 australian dollars but $75.77 was debited, im trying to find a way to contact them now.

• Ah
      28th of Jul, 2010

Healthbuy website got a contact page with seperate Phone numbere for US & International, UK and French customer service. http://www.healthbuy.com/contact.php.
    Always call the customer care number before buying anything online. When ever you are opting for Free trail, be aware of the terms and conditions and deadline to opt out of it.

• Im
      3rd of Aug, 2010

We were also ripped off.
    The Order Page would not give a final cost summary so I could not confirm the cost I would be charged. There was no option to Quit or Exit so I crashed the page.
    Within a minute I received an email inviting me to complete the order, which I ignored.
    Then I received an email confirming that an amount approx 5 times what I was considering paying had been charged to my Credit Card. And my Bank confirmed the money was gone within minutes. Now I have to go down the path of challenging this through my bank, after I pay the Credit Card bill.

• Ca
      12th of Aug, 2010

Def. Happened to me never completed order page incurred an error. Never once clicked a final step. Than moments later I seen in my E-mail box a confirmation of my order. Than shortly this man from a local number continually called my phone. I Answered once and stated I never confirmed order and would like to cancel it. the man states "Mamm' I'm simply trying to confirm your mailing address and there is nothing I can do to cancel the order. That you will have to contact them." I than said not confirming my address thank you please stop calling. Sure as hell that man called 5 more times. I finally went online with my phone company and had the local number blocked FOREVER! fricken punks worst experience annoying irritated hot and bothered by CRoooks for SURE!

• Fo
      21st of Aug, 2010

it looks like Whomever you bought from may have been a FAKE COMPANY[ Posing] as health buy.com; a person or more than one person That Scammed You, not the REAL[Genuine] health buy.com, health buy.com changed their web address to healthybuy.org LOOKS LIKE;[check it out]PHONE NUMBERS LISTED***ADDRESSES LISTED. i bought from them bowtrol product[works for me, when i use it], omega 3-6-9 product[i liked it for the fish protein benefit], hgh energizer[ this product gave me a sense of well-being, being well[ i had ordered these 3 products and received these products in a reasonable amount of time and tried thes products in the distant past]i just entered into a lifetime free refill program[08-18-2010, i have not had any problems with ordering or getting my products.***there was 1 thing that i had asked right away about concerning the hgh energizer on the package LABEL it said Capsules, but on the inside There Was Tablets, i had asked Someone Representing Healthbuy.com at the time to look into it and investitgate for me, one year has passed by.and so 1 year later, on [08-18-2010]i had been getting alot of calls on my caller id[from this 1 phone number] and then i decided to call it and i had spoke to healthbuy.com representative that offered me the offer of a lifetime free refill program, refills for life, i just pay shipping [each time]i wrote notes while they were answering all my questions i had.then i got a follow up call that my product will be shipped in the regular mail, i should be recieving my product in the next few days.by the way i paid a 1 time membership fee 49.97 for hgh energizer .and i was comfortable with that they apparently have 2 manufacture companies for the HGH ENERGIZER product, [one makes Capsule Form and the other makes Tablet Form]so whichever HGH ENERGIZER Product i receive They Both[Capsule Form, Tablet Form] Are Made With The Exact SAME Proprietary Blend] on the bottle of HGH ENERGIZER i wrote the date[08-14-2009] as the date i first started trying the HGH ENERGIZER Product.