HDI*DOM BUYERS EDGE / Unauthorized account charges

On my August 2007 bank statement, there was a debit charge on my account for $96.00. The charge was to HDI DOM BUYERS EDGE. I had no idea who they were, or what the charge was for. I was so upset. I'm a single, hard working, mom, and that money was important to me. I finally went on line in search of any information on this company. There was plenty. Hundreds of complaints. I finally located a number that worked. [protected]. The charge was initiated from Domestications during a purchase. The operator assured me that in one to two billing cycles, my money would be returned. He apologized for the fact that sometimes operators didn't always fully explain fully what you are signing up for. I NEVER SIGNED up for anything. I called Domestications, and purchased a comforter that was on sale for around $40.00. Why on earth would I go to the trouble to purchase a sale item and then sign up for something was costing me a hundred dollars... for nothing. I will never shop with Domestications again. My banking information was shared without my knowledge

Va

Comments

• Pi
      17th of Nov, 2007

My account was also charged $99 from Hdi*dom Buyers Edge I had no idea where this charge originated until I read your complaints. I am also a hard working single mother. I remember placing my order by phone. I clearly, firmly, and quite rudely told the operator I was NOT interested in any special offers or clubs I just wanted to buy a bedspread. Domestications reviewed the call and my money was refunded.

• Yv
      22nd of Jan, 2008

Last Dec.,I went on DOMESTICATIONS.com shop and order a lots of bedding for all of my nieces and nephews. Later I checked, The shipping will be delay, So, I called to cancel the order, But they would not let me to cancel, this is only after 8 hours, I have been told that all of the bedding are coming from different location and THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OF DOMESTICATIONS, Could not cancel their own goods, and She said, just refuse the order from the post office and they will refund all of my money....next day, I did so. But, after a month later,when my bank statement coming, I was so mad, Because, They charged full amount of the order and also another charge for$ 99, I called again, They said it will be show on my next statement. But, I just got my statement and they only credited back the cost of goods and $99, but not cost of shipping. BE AWARE THE DOMESTICATIONS!

• Di
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I just checked my credit card statement that came in the mail today and noticed a charge or $99.00 charged from HDI*DOM BUYERS EDGE. The charge was dated Dec. 26th the day after Christmas. Well I guess they thought I might not remember what I bought but I do know that was NO WHERE NEAR any shopping areas. I never shop the day after Christmas, the stores are WAAAY to crazy for me. I googled the name and found many websites with complaints against this entity. I used a phone # 1-888-326-7156 found on one of the sites and got right through. Yes I placed an order on Nov. 9th through Domesticaitons but never authorized a membership to HDI and why did they charge me for this well over a month after my purchase? I told the service rep I wanted a refund - Oh yeah they would credit my account $91.08. I asked why not the $99.oo the answer - they were prorating my time of membership. Try again !!! I told the rep I wanted the full refund - she had to speak to her supervisor - Yeah right !! She then came back on she said that they would waive the membership prorating and refund the full $99.00. She said it would take 3 - 5 business days, we'll see. I am also contacting my credit card company tomorrow to report the fraud and make sure this charge is taken off my account. Please pass this complaint on to all your friends so they can make sure they are also not scammed.

• Je
      1st of Feb, 2008

i dont know this hdi never heard of it till they charged on my acc i want my money back they caused and over the limet charge on my acc.

• Da
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I received a credit card statement which had a $149.27 charge for HDI*DOM buyers edge. I immediately went on line to find out more about this company and why they were charging me for something a didn't purchased. I called the 888-326-7156 number and spoke to an operator who tried to explain what the charge was for, I explained that I did not authorize this purchase and would like it removed, he agreed and said that a credit would issued to my account for $149.27 and apologized for the error.

• Sc
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Was just looking online and noticed a $99 charge on a credit card. I called 1-888-326-7156 after reading the above comments. The rep at HDI Buyers Edge told me that it was for a discount club for Domestications and that I should have received a packet in the mail for discounts on hotels, etc. NEVER received anything the sort. NEVER approved this charge. She told me my account would be credited 7 to 10 business days, pending on the merchants process time. My last purchase for my daughter was over a month ago. This is a scam.

• Na
      18th of Dec, 2008

I am livid. The exact same thing has happened to me. Last year I ordered from Domestications and was completely satisfied, so this time I reordered and again was satisfied, having NO idea they were selling my debit card number to this HDI-DOM Buyers Edge. This company should be put out of business, as well as Domestications. If I do not get a credit of the $99. charge, I will contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and file a complained. This is horrible. I called the number that was on the charge listed on my bank statement, spoke to a person named Lewis, he gave me a verbal confirmation number and said that I would receive a credit in 3-5 buisness days. We'll see... If all else fails, I will change my debit card number and NEVER, NEVER order anythings else off the internet again. I have been robbed of $99. How do we know what is safe to order off the internet.

• Pr
      3rd of Feb, 2009

My mother just got her Dicover Card bill and on it was a $149.99 charge from HDi Dom Buyers Edge. She was clueless to what it was, so I googled it. When I found this page my mom was LIVID! She pays Discover extra for identity Protection, and the lady at Discover gave her ADDITUDE!
    As I was reading more and more I saw the repitition of Domestications.com, then I discovered that, that is the place we bought comforters for my nephews 2 years ago. My mother then called Hdi, and found out that it was a membership fee. We were NEVER ASKED to be on a membership, and we were told it would take 1-2 billing cycles to remove the charge.
    In the mean time, Discover Card is still making her pay the charge.
    NEVER PERCHASE ANYTHING FROM DOMESTICATIONS EVER!

• Sn
      9th of Mar, 2009

On today, March 9, 2009, as i was checking my checking account balance, i noticed that my balance had decreased and i had not used my debit card in several days. There was a charge on my account for 99.00 in which i had not purchased anything for that amount. I called my bank to inquire about this transaction and the transaction was from HDI DOM buyers edge, she asked had i heard of this company before and i explained to her that i had no idea who they were or why they withdrew my money. The charge was pending so they were able to stop payment from my debit card and the 99.00 was placed back in my account. Thanks to this website i have found out who was behind this unknown transaction. I purchased a comforter set for my daughter a little over a month ago from Domestications and the customer service rep was offering some kind of program and i clearly stated that i was not interested. I called the number posted on previous comments on this page and the rep told me that i had accepted the terms and that a pamphlet should have arrived to my address about a gift card but i have received nothing like this in the mail. She also stated that because i did not call and cancel after receiving these things in the mail after 30 days they debited my account and would have continued to do so every year. A confirmation # was given to me and supposedly my membership was cancelled. I told this rep that this was illegal and if they ever debited my account again without my knowledge i would do everything in my power to stop them.

• Ju
      22nd of May, 2009

This is a fraud pulled on God knows how many thousands daily. I had the exact same experience but mine occured by ordering from Silhouttes (a womans clothing catalog)...They are in the process now of refunding my credit card for $149 as well as the the $99 they fraudently charged me last year (that I just discovered). Just for the record, it is now May 22 2009 and my last order with Silhouettes was Mar. 28, 2008. I advise all who have been taken by this fraud to contact the company through which they were charged this unauthorized fee and demand they refund you in full and contact your credit card company, file a protest and finally have your name removed from the mailing list of the company where they perpetrated this fraud... ie: Silhouttes, Domestictations or whomever. PS...The company reps will insist that you had to have approved this membership, but as we all know we were not told about it, offered it nor did we receive anything written that we were members or all of us here would have canceled immediately and demanded a refund!..SCAM FRAUD SCAM!

• Mr
      30th of Dec, 2009

The same thing happened to me the only way to make them pay is for ALL of us to file complaints with the FBI even IF it happened 4 yrs ago!

Go here http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

and FILE A COMPLAINT TODAY!

Cher