HD Camera World / Fraud and scam

1 212 Highlawn AvenueBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877 203-1065

As a surprise for my expecting wife, I purchased an Olympus 1030 sw 10 mp digital camera for the sale price of $199.99. Before making the purchase I called the sales /customer service number [protected]) and spoke with Joe who verified that the camera was a real deal and explained that a battery, charger and also a memory card that only held 5 pics was included with the camera. I called two days after making the purchase to verify the purchase and check the shipping status as instructed to do so by email.To my dismay, i was informed that they were only shipping the camera not the battery and charger that was included with the purchase. After explaining that we were told everything was included the sales representative tried to charge me an additional $149.99 for the battery and charger. When I didn't comply to his request he hung up on me. I then called back to cancel my order and spoke to a Frank who nearly refused to cancel my order. He insisted that I by a battery and charger and couldn't refund me because the order had already begun to be prosed. When I asked for a cancellation number he gave me the same purchase number as before. I then had to contact my credit card company to stop payment because I felt that I was being scammed. We still have not purchases a camera and our baby is due any day. I hope that in the near future something will be done to prevent this from happening to other people.

Ja

More HD Camera World Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ji
      22nd of Aug, 2008
    HD Camera World - FRAUD/ NO SERVICE

I TRIED TO PLACE ORDER, AFTER MANY PHONE CALLS THEY WOULD NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ORDER. THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY TRY TO SELL YOU EVERYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN WHAT YOU TRIED TO ORDERED.

30th of Aug, 2008

File a compliant with https://complaint.ic3.gov/ There guys need to be investigated.

• Pa
      1st of Sep, 2008

Very annoying experience. This outfit is far worse than any car dealer I ever encountered. Outright lies were given in an attempt to sell uneeded items. Disgusting!

• Da
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Always Hang up on you after my 20 30 minute wait. Illigitimate Co. CROOKS! HAD TO CHANGE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER

David S. Greenfield

951-205-5225

• Fl
      23rd of Sep, 2008
    HD Camera World - Fraudulent
    HD Camera World

You definitely want to stay away from these guys!!! This is the 2nd time (why????) I attempted to buy something and each time I was told it was in stock then they tried squeezing a warranty or a battery that you CAN find anywhere else. When I refused to buy anything, they stated it would be sent out. Ofcourse a week later each time I find out the item has been back ordered. STAY AWAY from these CLOWNS!!!
    They are definitely CLOWNS!!

• Br
      26th of Sep, 2008

This outfit is a bunch of crooks! As was the case with many others here, when I called to confirm my order (already armed with information from this site), the rep lied to me about the camera needing "special" batteries (as if AA Ni-MH batteries are camera-specific). He also told me that alkaline batteries would leak and ruin the camera (again, a lie). When I stated that I already had suitable batteries, the rep interrogated me about where I bought my batteries. The rep eventually decided to go ahead and process my order without the "required" batteries, but I canceled the order just because the rep tried to deceive me. He also hung up on me as I was explaining my desire to cancel my order because of their fraudulent practices. Thanks to all here for exposing these frauds.

• Vi
      30th of Oct, 2008

I got ripped off for $120 by HD camera world. I was told a UV filter would be included in something called a bundle package deal and I didn't do the math until I got my order and there was no UV filter included. I wrote an email to HD complaining about the missing UV filter and the overcharge of $120 as soon as I received my order, but got no answer. When I tried to call to complain, they were closed for several days and afterwards, I couldn't get them to answer the phone during business hours after they were supposedly open again. When I finally reached someone, they said they couldn't look up my order and that customer service wasn't available that day, a Sunday. I tried again several times, and when I finally got someone to answer the phone, they said it was past the 30 day limit they have for complaints and that there was nothing they could do about my problem. Funny how nobody was there until after the 30 days was up, huh? They are liars and and thieves and I won't do business with them again.

• Te
      11th of Mar, 2009

i orderd a olympus 570 camera, when i called to confirmed my order a man said that i had to have a special battery for the camera to work and he would give me a lifetime warrenty for the camera at a special price it all come to $170.00, when i recieved my order all i got was the camera, when i call the company to complain they would hang up on me everytime and would not answer none of the emails i sent, i canceled payment with my credit card (expect for the price of the camera) and let them know about what was going on.Hd camera world told them that i had got everything i ordred and was payed, when i talked to someone at the credit card company they said that hd camera world had proof that i got everything, so i'm out $170.00 and no battery or warrenty,