Hawaiian Airlines

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 by

severe allergy to peanuts

My son has a severe peanut allergy - I called Hawaiian airlines and they said they cannot honor my request to not serve peanut snacks on this flight - The smell of hundreds of packs of peanuts being opened can cause my son to have a serve allergic reaction - other airlines always honor our request - we are flying Alaskan Airlines to Maui and they will not serve peanuts and make an announcement to the row in front and behind where my son is sitting to please not eat peanuts - I understand your airline cannot keep people from bringing peanuts onto the plane - and I understand peanut product may be in your meals - I am just asking that packets of peanuts not be served - Please advise - we are flying from Maui to San Jose Ca 1/5/18
flight 46 - ticket # 1738669493550

Thanks
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

N  7th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I'm really sorry about the issues you're having. It must be difficult to have to deal with such allergies. With that said, I wouldn't suggest anything wrong with an airlines not complying with such a request.
N  7th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I’d rent a portable breathing machine and oxygen for the flight. That way he can breathe clean air and customers won’t be inconvenienced. Airlines make concessions but asking specific rows of passengers not to open or eat peanuts is a bit too much. You could tell a flight attendant to ask people not eating peanuts to change seats due to severe allergies.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree