Havertys Furniture / New table from Haverty's looks years old after two weeks

I purchased the Balboa table from Haverty's and after two weeks the table begin to chip, and scratches begin to appear. If you write on a piece of paper the writing goes through the paper and comes out on the table in the form of a scratch. This table is not for daily use and Haverty's should have informed me of this. I asked for a table to use daily, now I'm stuck with a table that I can't use. All its good for is to look at. It would be worse if I had kids.

Va

Comments

• He
      29th of Dec, 2009

I too ordered the Balboa set (bedroom set) and the finish is awful. Anything you put on it leaves a mark. Customer service is coming out this weekend to inspect, however they informed me the damage may not be covered. I have had the furniture about four months. Would NOT recommend this furniture to anyone.

• 40
      21st of Nov, 2010

I would like to respectfully suggest that this person has unrealistic expectations of wood furniture - any pretty finish can be easily scratched. If u want an indestructible surface do not choose wood. It's actually instyle now: "Distressed" wood finishes which looked "used" and therefore will not show NEW scratches and look like they are beloved heirlooms.