Harvey Norman / Sharp / wrong television
On the 23/8/09 I ordered a LG LCD Television from Harvey Norman at Marion Road, Marion store. It was a 42” 1080P model. I paid a deposit to the amount of $368.00 deposit. Invoice number 1076271.
On the 31/8/08 I attended at the Harvey Norman store at Marion Road and was served by Lincoln. I was informed that the LG Television would not be delivered until November due to the numbers of back orders. I told Lincoln I was interested in the 3 month warranty that went with the LG television. He told me that the Sharp was a better set; it was dearer, than the LG but it also had a 3 month warranty.
I agreed to purchase the Sharp 42 Full HD Model 1080P, LC42D77X, PIANO. The deposit from the LG SET to be transferred to the purchase of the Sharp set.
On the 1/9/09 I re attended the store and paid the outstanding amount on the account.
On the 2/9/09 tech2home service and installation attended at our home to install the new TV. On installing the set they found the set to be U/S. They said that the packaging had been opened before and repacked. Possibly floor stock? They rang the Marion store and left to pick up a replacement.
About one hour later they returned and installed the replacement set. I paid them$193.00 for their services. After they had left we inspected the installed TV.
It was a……………Sharp LG 42 106cm AQUOS Model LC42D77X
Not a………………Sharp 1080P PIANO LC Model LC42D77X (see invoice 1076271)
Apart from the wrong television being installed from the owner’s manual the set only has a 12 month warranty.
We are disappointed by the mis representation by Harvey Norman re this transaction especially in relation to the warranty.
Hoping that you can help us with this complaint and bring to a satisfactory conclusion.
More Harvey Norman / Sharp Complaints & Reviews
- Harvey Norman - lie to facilitate agreement 
- Harvey Norman Malaysia - late delivery and lack of contact between salesman and customer 
- Harvey Norman - bad customer service 
- Harvey Norman - re refunds whatsoever 
- Harvey Norman - catalogue 
- Harvey Norman - lenovo yoga 920-6b laptop
- Harvey Norman - delivery, customer service
- Harvey Norman - clothes dryer gordon store nsw
- Harvey Norman - not been givin a new keypad with the the surface pro 6
- Harvey Norman - advertising