Harvey Normanproduct care rejection.

J Nov 15, 2017

On 13/06/2012 I attended Harvey Normans Store at Bendigo Victoria where I purchased a CHANGHONG Refrigerator/Freezer Model CHRF420. This item came with a 2 year Manufacturer's Warranty. At the time of purchase I included a 60 months (5 year) Product Care. The staff member handed to me the Product Care Document stapled to my Receipt, which I still have in my possession. The Product Care Number is PC-[protected].
On 16/11/2017 I submitted a claim to Product Care and was advised via email that my claim was rejected on the basis that the cover had expired!

In the Product Care Document the first paragraph under the heading "TERM" states: "The term of Your Plan will be clearly stated on Your Original Documents and is effective from the expiry date of the manufacturer's warranty on Your Product."
I therefore calculate that my Product Care Warranty does not expire until 13/06/2019.
On even date I contacted Product Care and spoke to a female named Meryl who stated my Product Care cover had expired on 17/07/2017 and that I had purchased the product the 17/07/2012. Meryl stated that my Product Care document was a Green Coloured form and that covered from the date of purchase. My Product Care Form is Blue and clearly states the TERMS I have mentioned above. Meryl continued to disagree with the purchase date and yet my Harvey Norman Receipt and my Bank records clearly show 13/06/2017. Meryl was to email to me the terms of my Product Care Cover and purchase details, which she has not done.
Over the years I have purchased an extensive amount of items for Harvey Norman, many with Product Care Cover. Your records will clearly reflect this. All I am requesting is to have my Product Care honoured and my Refrigerator either repaired or replaced. I am attaching the following to assist: 1/ Receipt of purchase. 2/ Product Care Document which was handed to me at time of purchase. 3/ CHANGHONG Warranty.
Regards:
John GIBSON
2 Riverview Dve., Barmah Victoria.
Mobile Phone: [protected]