Hair Cuttery / root color touch up
I made an appointment for a root touchup; which I have done before at this location. Sherman Street, Evanston, December 28th 4:30. I had researched prices; Hair Cuttery is reasonable. $52 is the posted price and what I can afford.
The technician informed me as she was working that the back of my head had about an inch of gray roots... which makes sense; in between salon visits I do the touchups myself and can't reach the back.
When she checked me out at the register, my total was $72. Surprised; I asked her why the increase in price from $52; which was clearly advertised on the board. This was a full TWENTY DOLLARS MORE.
Her answers included:
- I had "a lot" of hair
- I had "at least two inches of growth". While in the chair, she said I had one inch
- Corporate had "raised the prices" (really? why weren't they posted?)
- She had to use "two bottles" of formula on me (at no point did she leave me to mix another bottle)
- After I repeatedly pointed out that NOWHERE was this "price hike" posted, that NOWHERE did it say "may charge more for"a lot"of hair", she said; OK... I will just charge you the $52 this time.
I feel like this price hike was completely arbitrary; I had gotten the EXACT SAME SERVICE with the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF HAIR for the published price on a previous visit. I felt I was being taken advantage of. I left with a very negative feeling about my experience. I will not return. Prices cannot be changed at the last second because the technician felt she had to work a little harder to provide the advertised service.
This is not good business. This is not a good employee.
More Hair Cuttery Complaints & Reviews
- Hair Cuttery - limiting employees of their rights 
- Hair Cuttery - no customer service 
- Hair Cuttery - lack of customer service 
- Hair Cuttery - horrible service and extremely unprofessional
- Hair Cuttery - horrible experience 
- Hair Cuttery - my haircut and color and highlights
- Hair Cuttery - haircut shampoo blow dry
- Hair Cuttery - blowdry/style
- Hair Cuttery - behavior and personal hygiene 
- Hair Cuttery - price quoted for a shampoo, condition, and blow dry according to the texture of hair