Hair Cuttery / price quoted for a shampoo, condition, and blow dry according to the texture of hair

1 Baltimore MD 21042, United States

I am the grandmother of a 4year old adorable African American child who has beautiful thick hair. When I called Hair Cuttery to inquire about services for a shampoo, regular condition, and blow dry (explaining the texture hair my granddaughter had) I was told that the price would be $17.00. Upon arriving at the salon and observing that my granddaughter was African American the stylist stated that because of the texture of her hair the price would be $27.00 instead of the listed price of $17.00. So, am I to believe that Hair Cuttery charges more to service African Americans than Whites, Asians, or others that have straight hair? Since this seems to be a racist practice Hair Cuttery should reflect on their price chart that the price for Whites and other nationalities with straight hair is $17.00 and for Blacks with curly and kinky hair is $27.00. I was deeply insulted and appalled by the racist practice that seems to be the norm at these salons.

Pa