Guthy - Renker / Proactive / customer service

United States Review updated:

Let me break it down for you readers:

May 2010 - New customer to Proactive. I asked for a 90 day kit with a 3 payment option (1st month - $27.94, 2nd month - $19.95, 3rd month - $19.95).

June 2010 - Got my shipment of Proactive, but was NOT 90 day kit. Called customer service, told them there was a mistake. They told me that I did not order a 90 day kit, I told them I did. Went back and forth for a while. The CSR (Brian/Bryan) told me that what I did receive was a better saving, when in fact it was not. I tried to break it down to him, but he would not listen. He then told me "...perhaps you don't know your math as well as you think you do." NO JOKE. I told the CSR that I wanted a 90 day kit with the 3 payment option, he told me that I would have to keep what I got already and that he would change my order for the next time around... which is a 90 day kit with the 3 payment option. Problem sovled??? Not quite, read on.

August 2010 - Got my shipment of the 90 day kit of Proactive BUT was not billed for the 3 payment option, instead was billed for a 2 payment option (1st month - $37.92, 2nd month - $29.92). Called customer service and first thing I asked her(Cheryl/Sheryl) "What payment option do my records show?" Her response, "The 3 payment option." I then explained to her that my bill showed otherwise. She then RETRACTED her statement by telling me that "I was indeed on the 2 payment option." I explained to her that I had originally asked for a 3 payment option with the 90 day kit (see May 2010) and then thought the problem was corrected when I had called back in June 2010. She then explained to me that "...in order to have a 3 payment option with your 90 day kit, you have to ASK for it when you FIRST set up your order with Proactive." Uhh... I did. But according to her, I did not. Also according to her, Brian/Bryan, the CSR whom I talked to in June 2010, HAD CORRECTED the problem by changing it to the 90 day kit, but "accidentally clicked the wrong payment option" when I spoke to him. There was nothing she could do for me. So I cancelled.

Moral of the story, huge multi-billion dollar companies like Guthy-Renker hire people to read off scripts when people call and treat their customers like robots and to assume that the customer is always WRONG.

When did it become this way? Why has it become this way? I remember when you could call a company when there was a mistake and that company would actually FEEL BAD and would try their hardest to correct the problem... not to mention try and make you feel like they actually cared about you.

Humanity is lost when it comes to... money.

Wo

Comments

• Hb
      Nov 01, 2010

Wow. I can't believe how crappy this company is... here is my story :(

I ordered my proactiv in mid-june of this year, tried it out, it made my skin waaay worse, so I talked to a rep on the phone who told me to send it back (after trying to convince me to keep it for a few more weeks, and that way I wouldn't be able to send it back. Coincidence? I think not). So I sent it back mid July (WELL under the 60 day money back guarantee), and was told not to contact them before about a month and a half as that is how long it would take for them to process the return. Well 2 months goes by, I email to find out where my refund is, and they claim they never received it at their warehouse, so it was "too late" for me to return my product (that I obviously didn't even have since I RETURNED it). So of course I am really ticked off that I wasted $10 shipping it back, and never got my money. Well just the other day I came across my receipt from sending it back. It even had the postal code of the place in Mississauga where returns are sent. So I tracked the package online and it turns out they DID receive the package on July 28. And a D. McLean even SIGNED for it!!! So they LIED about receiving the package, so I emailed them and attached the receipt and the delivery notice from canadapost.com, evidence that should definitely prove that I sent it back. And they STILL refuse to refund me!! Bunch of friggin crooks!!!

• Je
      Aug 24, 2013

The plastic thy use on the bottles is substandard. It tips over and the cap breaks off. This does not happen with any other bottles I use ever. If you're oing to charge as much as ou do, please make what you bottle your products in better.

• Je
      Aug 24, 2013

The plastic they use on the bottles is substandard. It tips over and the cap breaks off. This does not happen with any other bottles I use ever. If you're going to charge as much as you do, please make what you bottle your products in better.