Guitar Center / worst customer service

1 Edina, MN, United States Review updated:

Bought a drum kit there. Found when replacing the coated batter heads the shells were delaminating. Brought it back but because it was clearance they explained how great of a deal it was and how I'm the jerk. So no returns on clearance items even if they are junk. Talked to managers and everything. 100% satisfaction my butt. They gave me a performance guarantee but that doesn't kick in till 2 months, then it will take 6 weeks to repair the kit and then I will have working kit after 5-6 months of waiting. I hope this company goes out of business. Absolutely the worst customer service I've EVER had the displeasure of dealing with.

Comments

• Fe
      2nd of Apr, 2009

Three times I've visited Guitar Center in 119th Lee Summit KC, I've had to drive back to get the rigth product that they've "accidentally" given me. One of them is the shipping so I totally uinderstand. But they would never say simple words like "we're so sorry that you had to drive back here again" or "sorry, it's our fault", but they'll argue with you and not take the blame of their own company. Only if I had other option where to buy near our location with a better customer service, I won't even think of going back there.

• He
      22nd of Mar, 2010

it's your fault for buying clearance gear bro...sell the kit and go buy something new.