Guitar Centercustomer appreciation-wrong!

So much for your Guitar Center 's customer appreciation. It is time for me to buy from another music retailer. I have spent thousands of dollars at guitar center, and you will not give me an credit Limit increase. I have never been late, always paid my account off ahead of time. So much for Guitar Centers Customer Satisfaction and Appreciation. I have a 735 credit score. I am sure another Music Retailer is going to enjoy my purchases. I will be posting this online.

Comments

Nov 13, 2008
    Guitar Center - Parts Department
    Guitar Center
    Cincinnati
    Ohio

I was told to go to a hardware store to purchase screws for a guitar. This, of course, was after they told me that they had the screws and come on down to purchase them. I wasted my time and my gas! I got screwed!

• Ro
      Oct 10, 2009
    Guitar Center - No Service
    Guitar Center
    Rockville
    Maryland
    guitarcenter.com

In 2006, I bought an ovation guitar with a lifetime warranty that was supposed to be serviced by guitar center. Three years later it is warped and Guitar center refuses to stand behind it. Avoid these people like the plague

• Ia
      Mar 27, 2012

I wish I had known about this back then! I'd love a chance to help. My name is Jeremy Cole and I am responsible for Customer Service in Guitar Center stores. I can be reached at 818.735.8800 ext 2115 or [protected]@guitarcenter.com.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

• Ia
      Mar 27, 2012

I'd love a chance to show you that we're better than you've experienced. My name is Jeremy Cole and I am responsible for Customer Service in Guitar Center stores. I can be reached at 818.735.8800 ext 2115 or [protected]@guitarcenter.com.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Oct 02, 2012

Rude is the code word for the treatment I just received over the phone from a local Guitar Center. I called to check availibility on a guitar and the guy I talked to on the phone became very aggresive and argumentive immediately, Maybe he had a bad day ? Dont know, But I do know it cost them a lot of money as I was planning on purchasing a Guitar and Amp today for my son at their store. I certainly will not be giving them my business now ! I asked them to check stock on a particular guitar and told him I did not want onte that has been hanging on the wall and has been used and abused as all of those on display are, He did NOT respect the fact I wanted one in the box and continued to argue his point that it would not matter to him if it was damaged and it shouldnt matter to me. Well it does MATTER to me and It is MY MONEY that is going to be spent, I wouldnt buy a damaged car, furniture, clothes etc, And neither would he. but that didnt stop him from copping an attitude. Their loss. I wont ever buy from them anymore, He should be fired.

• Ga
      Oct 26, 2012

Credit limit increases are given at the discretion of the bank that issues the GC credit card. Store employees don't have any access to or control over GC credit card info. Call the number on the card, (in a friendly tone) talk to a supervisor and ask them to reconsider - they should be able to explain what factors into their decision.

• Ba
      Mar 07, 2015

I just saw your post. Good for you. Based on my personal experience Guitar Center is a highly unethical company and I hope to help spread the word about how bad they are. When they bought Music and Arts Center in 2005 they knowingly helped Music and Arts Center cheat me out of almost 1.8 million dollars I was due for my Class A Preferred stock. Both companies don't deserve to be in business in my opinion. When I worked as a manager for Music and Arts Center the former owner's son, Kenny O'Brien used to tell me to do things that were highly unethical, which I would not do. Oh, the stories I could and intend to start telling . . .