Guardsman / Customer Service Issues

MA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a living room set from Bob's Furniture in March of 2009. Yesterday I attempted to contact the Claim department to enter in a new claim because the leg of my table broke. I followed prompts and was left on hold for an hour until I said forget this. So this morning I call them and once again I am on hold, this time for 2 hours!! At this point i hang up and call a different department...they answer and I tell them what happened. They don't believe me so they call with me on the phone...on hold half an hour, someone then answered but by that time I already had invested 4 hours of my life into trying to enter in a claim for a coffee table. And I ask the person why it took so long to answer and she said high call volume...for that long?? Horrid Customer Service.

Comments

• He
      Sep 10, 2011

They do that on purpose so you will get tired of holding and hang up. That way they don't have to pay you any money.

• Mi
      Sep 16, 2011

Why is it nobody reads the fine print, Guardsman is NOT an insurance plan it is a protection plan against Human or pet Accidents. Now if someone fell on the table that is an accident, but if the table leg fell off due to poor manufacturing that is not an accident, that is called a manufacturing defect. I have heard more people complain about Guardsman Protection Plan due to the fact that Sales Associates are not trained properly & constantly give the consumer the Wrong information. If explained properly and then used correctly the Guardsman Gold in Home Plan is very useful, and have not had a single misunderstanding after selling it for about 15 years.