GreenGeeks / greengeeks web hosting is unreliable
GreenGeeks should be avoided by anyone who wants reliable web hosting. They claim to have 99.9% uptime, but I pay for monitoring that tells a very different story. They usually run around 95% in any given week and a few times last year, I was down for days at a time. I should have left then, but I continued to give them the benefit of the doubt. Please don't make the same mistake.
Their tech support is in India (even though they swear they are in the US). During every support call I get a visitor from India - without fail. Yeah, sure, they are in the US...they are just pinging off a server in India. The answers you get from tech support are copy/pasted and don't tell you anything. I would be surprised if ANYONE who works there knows a THING about web hosting. I tried calling and still couldn't get a straight answer...EVER.
Their unlimited hosting is only unlimited in the areas that don't cost them money or they ability to pack their servers full of sites. Have a blog? Don't even THINK about using GreenGeeks. They will limit your server resources and tell you that the only way to get back to normal is to upgrade to a much more expensive package. Then, if you don't do that, they will shut you down entirely.
I can't say one nice thing about them. I was with them for 19 months which was 18 months too long. If you want a reliable host, this is not the one.
More GreenGeeks Complaints & Reviews
- GreenGeeks Hosting - beware 
- GreenGeeks.com - decieving money back guarantee and billing practices 
- Green Geeks Web Hosting - refused refund for services not received 
- GreenGeeks - beware of greengeeks! bad hosting! 
- Green Geeks Hosting - domain name stealing and extortion 
- GreenGeeks - account suspended for no valid reason
- GreenGeeks - dishonest and unreliable
- GreenGeeks - order rejected, no reply, no refund and not answering my questions.
- GreenGeeks - green geeks hosting
- Green Geeks Web Hosting - attempting extra charges