Green Geeks Web Hosting / refused refund for services not received

1 1158 26th St. #446Santa Monica, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-ECO-SITE

I signed up with Green Geeks webhosting and paid for a year in advance specifically because they offered a full site transfer with a year prepaid. I sent them my transfer details and they said the files were transferred but upon checking, none of my files were transferred at all. I had to completely set up and transfer all my own files. I ran into a few snags with the available space to finish the transfer. To be specific, I had to alter the php. ini file. I sent them a support ticket asking how to change the upload amount and never heard back. Frustrated, when I hit the next snag, I realized that I simply did not have the time to do the transfer myself and do all the research necessary to make it happen. I sent in a request to cancel my service and receive a PRORATED refund. I was told that in order to get a full refund I had to request it within 30 days of signing up and I was requesting to cancel on the 31st day. I replied that I was not interested in a money back guarantee and was happy to pay for the 31 days that I had service but I wanted a refund for the 11 months that have not even happened yet. Each email I received back from billing was unbelievably rude and completely ignored anything I was saying. They gave me a 2 mo credit (instead of 11) and then when I said, no, I want to cancel and get a refund, they took back the 2 months credit and told me I was not entitled to anything because I canceled on the 31st day of service.

Comments

• Du
      23rd of Jan, 2012
    Green Geeks Web Hosting - Took money from my credit card
    Green Geeks

After a year I decided not to renew my web site .I got a dozen emails asking me to renew .Choosing to not answer these emails .They took it on themselves to take 95 dollars out of my credit card saying you have to fill out a form to get out. Which I had no idea until I got the bill from my credit card co. and then they say it is to late no refunds. This is slimy business at its best .avoid them use anyone else.

• Pe
      1st of Jul, 2014

I find it interesting that GreenGeeks have failed to respond to this complaint on the board. Typical of their horrid treatment of their customers.

I, myself, am waiting for a refund for 4 months after they took payment but refused to provide me a web hosting service. They do not respond to emails. Bit of a scam company in my opinion.

• Pe
      1st of Jul, 2014

I had a similar experience in struggling to get a refund from them, and I would be interested to know if you ever got your refund?

In March 2014 I signed up for a year's web hosting with GreenGeeks LLC, as recommended by many online reviews.

2 days after submitting a payment of $142.56, I received an email stating that my "application" for web hosting had been refused and I would not be able to use their services. No explanation was given as to why they refused to let me host a perfectly reasonable (web design) site on their servers. They said that I would recieve a refund via PayPal (the method of payment) within 14 days.

No refund was ever forthcoming.

I have attempted to recover the funds via Paypal's resolution centre with no luck, and have emailed the company on an almost weekly basis since. Now, in July 2014, I have not received a response from any of my emails, other than one to say that the matter had been referred to the billing team and I would receive a response within 14 days. Still, no money... and am not sure it will ever be returned.

An awful, awful company whose actions are tantamount to theft. Avoid them like the plague!