Green Geeks Web Hosting / refused refund for services not received
I signed up with Green Geeks webhosting and paid for a year in advance specifically because they offered a full site transfer with a year prepaid. I sent them my transfer details and they said the files were transferred but upon checking, none of my files were transferred at all. I had to completely set up and transfer all my own files. I ran into a few snags with the available space to finish the transfer. To be specific, I had to alter the php. ini file. I sent them a support ticket asking how to change the upload amount and never heard back. Frustrated, when I hit the next snag, I realized that I simply did not have the time to do the transfer myself and do all the research necessary to make it happen. I sent in a request to cancel my service and receive a PRORATED refund. I was told that in order to get a full refund I had to request it within 30 days of signing up and I was requesting to cancel on the 31st day. I replied that I was not interested in a money back guarantee and was happy to pay for the 31 days that I had service but I wanted a refund for the 11 months that have not even happened yet. Each email I received back from billing was unbelievably rude and completely ignored anything I was saying. They gave me a 2 mo credit (instead of 11) and then when I said, no, I want to cancel and get a refund, they took back the 2 months credit and told me I was not entitled to anything because I canceled on the 31st day of service.
More Green Geeks Web Hosting Complaints & Reviews
- GreenGeeks Hosting - beware 
- GreenGeeks.com - decieving money back guarantee and billing practices 
- GreenGeeks - beware of greengeeks! bad hosting! 
- Green Geeks Hosting - domain name stealing and extortion 
- GreenGeeks - horrible service
- GreenGeeks - website hosting
- GreenGeeks - account suspended for no valid reason
- GreenGeeks - dishonest and unreliable
- GreenGeeks - order rejected, no reply, no refund and not answering my questions.
- GreenGeeks - green geeks hosting