Grand Homes / Terrible company

Grand Home refuse to return my Earnest money. In January of 2008 I purchased a house from Grand Homes Builders. The agreement was:

A. I WOULD HAVE TO sale my EXISTING RESIDENCE. If I could not sell my home, grand home would refund earnest money.

B. If the lender declines my loan, GRAND HOME would refund my earnest money.

During the process I experience problems. The sales consultant whom did the contact was let go... the loan person was let go... The builder was let go... I wrote letters to Mr. Edward Barge/ Divison office and Vic- President Mr. Mike Mints, but I got no reply.

I explain that I was having a problem with getting a loan; the sale of my house was not selling well. I did not get a reply until the build call to say I need to do a walk through of the house. I explain to the New Build that I could not get a loan for the house. He said don’t worry about It and please come and do the walk through. There I met Mr. Michael Linck/ Relationship Manager. I inform of the problems. He gave me Mr. Mints e-mail. I e-mail Mr. Mints of the situation and was inform that I was not getting my money back. Because, if I would have had a sale consultant they doing the sheets rock stage I would had been told. His reply is not his problem.

Va

Comments

• Lj
      26th of Aug, 2009

I was going to look at model home in Grand Homes Newton Ranch, Keller with a sales woman who had sales placques all over her wall.She was predijuced because I was black and told the other sales woman to wait on me .I know thisn because I heard her say to the other lady "there black you wait on them" This makes me sick dont buy from them or a woman named Louise Lewis.I also talked to a friend who went there and that same woman told them to go to grand prairie.

• Tr
      17th of Sep, 2009

Louise Lewis has been praised by the Real Estate Industry for years about her ethics and customer service.
    This is posted by a disgruntled employee.

23rd of Sep, 2009

Wow I was reading this and I was so shocked to see this.I am the sales person who this person is referring to. I felt really bad, Lousie Lewis is a RACIST.She told me to wait on this lady because they were black.I could not believe that she said that.I am so sorry to L.johnson that she heard that. She also referred to hispanics as wetbacks.I just dont believe that people can be this way in this day and age.Do yourself a favor, Grand builds beautiful homes and even though I am no longer employed by them there are a lot of wonderful people who do work for Grand.

• Wh
      7th of Feb, 2010

i myself truely agree with l johnson...i also had the same impression about this lady louise lewis..she is a RACIST..she just act like people are stupid going to buy grandhomes...she is the worst and a waist customer
    service person...i also believe that lot many people had these experience from this lady.because of her bad customer service, i decided never to go for the homes there.she doesn't have no respect towards people...
    i am still wondering that whyb grand homes are stll keeping her in their company.
    GOOD LUCK GRANDHOMES??????????????????...

• Bi
      16th of Feb, 2010

L O U S I E L E W I S ... has definitely got a bad chip on her shoulder.

• Bi
      16th of Feb, 2010

Lousie Lewis of Grand Homes?

• Ba
      12th of Mar, 2010

Hello I am amazed that all these people are having a problem with this sales lady named Louise Louise.I see that she was awarded salesperson of the year.She is the nicest kindest person you will meet.Louise goes the extra mile for all her clients and prospective clients.She works almost every day and never takes a day off.She is very knowledgeable about her product.She works very hard on getting you the best deal possible.All the other salepeople love her and look up to her as a mentor.Louise thinks that all people are equal and never is prejudiced against any race blacks or mexicans.Louise worked with pakis and Indians in Lantana and still gets calls and referals from them.I dont agree with the people who have made the complaints against me.Louise Louise is not a racist and she is loved by the president of her company like family.So dont pay any attention to those horrible people who can't even spell or put a sentence together.They are ignorant.Do yourself a big favor and see the beautiful homes in Newton Ranch in Keller and ask for Louise Lewis, You will be so happy you did.

• Pt
      13th of Mar, 2010

Are you serious!? Its so obvious that Louise Lewis wrote this herself. All this praise of Louise Lewis and then she gives it away in the sentence"I dont agree with the people who have made the complaints against me." I can tell you from experience that this woman is slimy.I worked with another company and this poor girl who was her partner would come over and tell me all the things that Louise Lewis was doing.It was really bad and I'm sure if it got out... well lets just say fair housing laws are being violated. If you ever have the chance to work with her or another sales person chose the other person.

• Rp
      24th of Jun, 2010
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

2 months ago, we went into this Keller community only to be treated like degenerates by her after asking her for floorplans. Her response was "ask my assistant in the other room, she hasn't done anything all day". Come to find out, she is a nice kind woman who provided emmence information that Louis wouldn't. So after all of this, Louis returned to service us as normal people. After 2 hours she realizes that we are not able to purchase in her community and informs us to go elsewhere down the street angrily. So on our way out, we ask the assistant for a brochure and Lousie tells her to do something else. Going to get the brochure she mumbles under her breathe typical incompetent to her assistant. At this point we have realized we will NEVER deal with a racist red headed ghost who wears a dusters. Your phony awards mean nothing to us, Don't buy from Grand and never buy from Lousie the Racist!

• Ak
      22nd of Jul, 2010

Me, my friends or my relatives never ever select this builder again.
    Just 3 month old house having series of problems...electrical, roof, ac, springler, etc etc..they dont care...I will try level best to pass my experience to everybody everywhere...

wish you bad wishes to grand homes...

1st of Dec, 2010

If you don't believe anything that has been written here against this womans, go ask ANY Grand Homes representatives and I promise you not a one of them will say a good word about her person. (we did) She even thinks her managers, vice presidents, and owner are idiots becuase they don't listen to her. Somebodys tell her to lay off the make up casue the world already has one Ronald McDonalds. If you are not a white persons, leave her and the company alone. RACIST!

• Cy
      8th of Nov, 2011

The residents in Keller, Texas are racists and apparently Louise Lewis is well aware of their idiotic attitudes. The cost of the homes is a sure way to keep most minorities out of the neigborhood, even if it means the whites struggle to may mortage payments.

• Cy
      8th of Nov, 2011

In the last sentence, the word is "make" mortage payments.

• Rn
      6th of May, 2012

Our house is only 4 years old and developed a water leak from an improerly instaled and cracked fitting on a drain line. The result of this is mold through out the kitchen, and the removal and replacement of kitchen cabinets, as well as the cost of having the mold removed and cleaned. Grands standard response is well you know there is only a two year warranty on the plumbing. This not the only problem we have had with them with regard to their warranty on their work. The water issue is just one of the problems we have had with them. It really says a lot about a company who hides behind their warranty claims when the true problem is poor construction and the quality of their work.

• He
      11th of Oct, 2012

I CURRENTLY OWN A GRANDHOME AND BUYING A GRAND HOME WAS THE WORST DECISION WE HAVE EVER MADE. GRAND HOMES HAS DEMONSTRATED POOR RECORD KEEPING, WEAK CUSTOMER SERVICE, DISHONESTY, SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES and empty promises. APPARENTLY THEIR IDEA OF A WArranty is our home owners insurance. Grand Home equal grand money pit. Call Helen at 214 942-4000 or 214 440-2037. Do not buy a Grand home until you see my kitchen

• Mr
      23rd of Apr, 2013

In early March of 2012 we signed the paper work to build a new Grand home. We were told the current build time was 90-100 days. Due to our living situation at the time I told them I could not close before August 1st. They wrote into the contract that we would close in August. I stressed that I was not in a hurry and just wanted it done right. So problems start almost immediately. They poured our foundation in late April. Then the framers put up about 10 percent of the first floor and then all work stopped for over a month. The framers they brought in to finish the job had never framed a house. So this was the beginning of the end. I had gaps where butterfly joints were supposed to meet large enough to put my "FIST" in. It was so bad I went through on my own over a weekend and installed hurricane anchors on every roof rafter for fear the roof would collapse in on us. Many walls were so crooked that there was as much as a 4" inch curve in the wall. Some of this was fixed some was not. I was out there every single day doing my builders job. The framer crew took almost two months to frame the house. They forgot to put my "Dutch Hips" on the house, which it still does not have them. They did not build the main support trust to floor plan spec. It was supposed to be a single 12" engineered beam. They used an 10" plywood beam they glued together three pieces to make it long enough. I have pictures of all of this. There were four other homes in our neighborhood with the same floor plan built with the engineered beam. We did not get drywall until early November. Even at this point I am not beating up on them about time. More about doing the job right. I got notice in early November that the house would be ready to close in late November. I immediately responded that would be impossible since the drywall was not even finished. Mind you this was a 4000 sq. house. No brick or stone was done yet. They simply blew me off and business as usual. So a couple of big things. I made some large upgrades to the home. They managed to screw up both of these. I added dedicated A/C to my office for my server gear. On a day when it was about 55 degrees in the office I could turn on the heat and it would take more than an hour to increase the temperature 2 to 3 degrees. They tried telling me this was normal. I said if the heat works this poorly then the A/C is never going to keep up in the summer. There was nothing in the house at this time. As we had not closed. This all went on through the beginning of December. I met with the builder and he said we would close December the 15th. When we met in very early December I expressed that if he needed more time to tell me. Once I started the moving process I would not be able to delay it. He said the 21st. So we started the process. Throughout this whole process I had an daily e-mail of all the items that needed to be fixed before closing. At one time this list was almost 40 lines large. The A/C was never fixed, the side door we paid to add for a doggie door was blocked by the A/C unit. They did not have the hardwood floors covered when they did a lot of drywall work so they were covered in the white powder and the builder could not get them clean. He said that’s the way they came. I argued that in the areas where the floor was not dirty it did not have the white dust in it. No response. The 21st came and went, we started looking for a new home since we had to be out by the end of the year. We stopped handholding them and just waited to see if someone at their company would get their act together. We moved into temporary housing for January and closed on a Highland home in late January. Grand Homes did not ever fix the A/C problems or the floor. As of today "April 21, 2013" The house is still not sold, it's marked up almost 60K and has the same problems. Grand Homes will not return calls from my lawyer so we are suing for the Earnest money and design center money. If you’re considering a Grand Home you should think twice. They will song and dance you then leave you hanging. There are numerous people in my neighborhood we were building in that all had the same builder problems. Most of them had no choice but to take the house the way it was.

• Em
      11th of May, 2013

Grand Homes are beautiful, but why are they so darn expensive? They don't look worth near the proposed prices, especially considering all of the complaints. I am a Pharmacist with a 396, 000 dollar budget and 80, 000 dollars for a down payment, yet it seems that their homes are out of my reach. The home they want to sell me is a measly 3 bedroom 2.5 bath with only 2, 500 sq feet for almost 400, 000 dollars!!! WHAT THE HECK!!! Unacceptable...