Grand Crowne Resorts / Timeshare for grand crowne pigeon forge

1 Branson, MO, United States Review updated:

In 2013, like many others it seems, my wife and I attended the presentation for these timeshares and were shown all kinds of plans. The presentation began with the representative showing us beautiful facilities in Branson. After being pressured repeatedly, we ended up relenting and agreeing in good faith to purchase a time share with Grand Crowne.
We were sold on the exchange opportunities with Interval International and told we could use the facilities at Branson Mo as well. But, as we were signing on the dotted line...wait, we have an even better deal for you. They then showed us Pigeon Forge and exclaimed we would only pay maintenance fees every other year. Interestingly and to our dismay, the price remained the same. Since that time we have called for use of the facilities only to have them state they were booked up. They have also determined they do not have enough of our money and are pressing us for maintenance fees for every year because they must do so much maintenance work on their facilities. There are numerous phone numbers you have to go through to speak to anyone. You always get the run around with them and they blame it on one of the other departments. Never get straight answers out of anyone. As been told by a friend, they tried to book for a weekend and were told the units were full. They went anyway and got a hotel room in Gatlinburg and decided to drive by to see the property. There are two other multi-unit buildings complete aside from the original show cabin and another unit under construction which appears to have been abandoned. The property past this is fenced off and no other progress has been made.
There is no club house no water park no tennis courts nothing but a muddy hillside and the sales office. Our friends spoke with someone on the phone about it their impression after seeing the woefully incomplete facility and were told that when demand went up they would build more. After all that we and numerous others have forked out for this opportunity, how can demand go up if you have nothing available for anyone? Also what does demand have to do with amenities?
I want to know how I can get out from under this timeshare. This is a world class bunch of reprobates and I want out. I attempted to sell our timeshare in 2014 through the Realtor identified in the contract. At the time, he wished me luck stating he had a backlog of over 2, 000 units that people wanted to unload. Does anyone know how we can escape Grand Crowne?

Br
Nov 15, 2016

Comments

• Je
      21st of Feb, 2017

I feel your pain. We are going through the exact same thing and refused to pay our yearly "dues" or "maintenance fees' which continue to escalate. They did however debit the $550+ maintenance fees out of our account without our permission. I really think we all need to band together and file a class action lawsuit. They have in no way upheld their part of the sale and just keep selling "nothing" over and over. Worst mistake we have made as adults. How do we get out of this vicious cycle?

• Te
      23rd of May, 2017

It is upsetting having a timeshare that we can't get rid of!!!

• Ca
      2nd of Jul, 2017

@Teila Tankersley I'm in ! These people are criminals .I could go on and on about my experiences with these people .Worst mistake for us too.

• Ar
      14th of Nov, 2017

I agree with each of you and it gets worse. It's my understanding; now that Capital Resorts purchased the remaining Condo's in Pigeon Forge. This leaves only 3 units (I think) for true Grand Crowne owners which means demand will go up; maintenance fees will go up and we are stuck. So either transfer over to Capital, which I think wouldn't be so bad or continue paying and getting nothing in return. Not even our Free Dolly Wood tickets annually for going to an "owners update" which was in our written agreement. I am hopeful Capital is not as misleading, especially now that they are under NHG

No great ideas of how to get out of Grand Crowne without transferring over to Capital Resorts. We are in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburgh area several times a year and been owners for 4 years. Not once have we been able to use the Lodges. However have been assured, without a doubt would not have that problem when/if we transfer over.

27th of Apr, 2018

My wife and I are in the same ordeal. However, I've never posted any complaints like this. Does anyone have an update on their status? Has anyone heard from Grand Crowne or gotten anything resolved?

• Di
      10th of Jul, 2018

Has anyone had any luck with getting out of their timeshare? I'm all in for a class action suit! We talked to an attorney that handles crooks like this but they informed us that we are stuck due to Crowne Royal has a suit against them already. We were also the property has been sold so they can no longer expand. I feel this is a breach of contract and we should be allowed to turn in our deeds and be free!

• Wa
      9th of Aug, 2018

Do not pay them anything. They breached the contract when you were turned down so many times. You can easily get out of the contract without paying anyone.

Read this free report, 13 Shocking Secrets The Timeshare Industry Does Not Want You To Know.
    If you want to know the truth about timeshare cancellation companies and so-called timeshare attorneys, view this free report. Shocking.