Grand Canyon University / unethical behavior

On March 23, 2016 I received a phone call from the school stating that I will have to pay them 400 plus dollars. I was to start school on March 21, 2016 but due to family issues I was not able to start. I did inform the professor that I will not be able to attend class. Than I was told be the individual who called me that I will have to pay a total of 700 plus dollars. The amount went from 400 plus to 700 plus simply because I informed the professor that I will not be attending class. I feel that it is very unethical to have someone pay back money for not attending the school. For not evening participating in the class at all. I received a phone call on Friday March 18 from a Josua Mondaca telling me about the school. I told him that I could not hear him. I was told today that he sent me an email with all the information. I doubled checked my emails and all the emails that I do have from Grand Canyon are from a Jacque Pickering who is a Student Councelor.

Di
Mar 23, 2016

Comments

• Dc
      Oct 27, 2016

I have experienced substantial problems as well... there is currently a New York Time reporter doing a story on GCU's unethical behavior towards its students. I would love to get a class action lawsuit against them for damages (both financially and emotionally) incurred as a result of the so called education they provide. If you are interested email me at [protected]@msn.com

• Ta
      Sep 12, 2019

@DC Swede Larson I am a freshman 2019, I arrived at GCU full of good expectations since this university boasts a lot of its Christian values, the safe environment and the brotherhood. This happens only if you are white. I am Mexican and since I arrived I suffered discrimination and I was left alone. my roommate took out his mattress and his things for not wanting to be with me, I made fun of my accent when speaking English and nobody cared. It's a lie that leaders and counselors care. CGU just wants to be paid all semester. Notify the month of being there that I do not want to be alone, depressed and relegated and that I would go back to my state. They don't care and I find it unfair to pay for the entire semester if I'm not going to attend. I don't see the help and compassion that GCU and its community claim to have.