Grand Canyon University / total rip off
I wanted to further my education online and was told about Grand Canyon University or is known as GCU. I was told about this college and how good a Christian college it is.
I have been attending since 10/28/07, and purchasing my books with what they call a lopes card. 1. I was told my lopes account rolls over each semester in which I can buy more books from the bookstore. I only bought the book(s) I needed each semester. When I went online to purchase my next book they said I owed them more money for the book because my lopes account was depleted. A light should have gone off then.
2. Three times a year I receive a reimbursement check because I applied for federal grants and signed a promissory note to subsidize my tuition, which with all three of those combined they use my loan money-cost of tuition= credit and a reimbursement check. I was suppose to get my check this month which is March. The financial counselor never returned my calls. I did email her and somebody emailed me back stating I will not receive a reimbursement check because they applied it to the summer balance. The summer is when their new year starts and it hasn't started when all this occurred.
A friend of mine that goes to that college also was on the phone with her admission counselor and she emailed me that he told her the financial counselor weren't there all day which was 03/26/09.
I called the financial institution who I had the promissory note through and explained exactly what happened and told her if I don't finish my degree then I can't pay my promissory note. She assured me she would call and find out what happend. She knew the financial counselor's last name. Hmmm. The so called instructors are not called instructors, they are called facilitators, which there is a difference. When you need help in the tech support, everything is automated and they direct you to their website to try and troubleshoot your problem.
Now I would like to fly out there to see if there is a real college that exists even though they have a physical address.
If your wanting to return to college anybody can get federal money or loans to attend college. I recommend to everybody to college in your home down our your state college.
I have read previous post. The college stating you will be turned over to a collection agency is ridiculous if you have already allotted them money for your tuitition. In my personal opinion. They owe the money back to the federal government and to the financial institution if you took out a promissory note like I did.
More Grand Canyon University Complaints & Reviews
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid/disbursement problems 
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid 
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid/president of gcu 
- Grand Canyon University - class action lawsuit 
- Grand Canyon University - transfer credits - scam 
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - lack of communication
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - course/ classes
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - withdrawn status vs. loa 
- Grand Canyon University - finical aid and class transcripts
- Grand Canyon University - abd not awarded