[Resolved] Grammarlyfalse advertising. fraud.

Grammarly commits false advertising practices. They say you can cancel your subscription during the trial period but they do not live up to that.
I decided to try Grammarly based upon their website and the offer therein. However, when I tried it I discovered that their service is not compatible with a MAC. I wrote to them and pointed out that this conflict is not mentioned on their website. This is a major problem and no one using a MAC would want a service that is incompatible with their system. I then went to cancel my service. It is required to pay for Grammarly in order to try it, but their site says one can cancel during the trial period. When I attempted to cancel my service on the 6th day I followed the procedure on the Grammarly website for "how to cancel". When I did so there was no option for canceling during the trial period. If I clicked "Cancel" it said that my subscription would be cancelled in January 2016!! One year after I wanted to cancel.
Seeing the number of complaints about Grammarly I can only ask how has this company been allowed to continue?

• Resolution statement

• Grammarly Customer Care's Response, Jan 30, 2015

Dear User,

Thank you for your feedback. My name is Kimberly, and I am a Community Manager at Grammarly.com. I just wanted to reach out to you, clarify some things, and help resolve the issues you are having.

Firstly, please allow me to apologize for any and all inconvenience this may have caused. We are committed to ensuring excellent user experience, and we have let you down.

Secondly, I would like to describe what I think may have been the issue. If you did cancel before the seventh day of your trial, you should not have been billed. If you were billed, you may have more than one account with us (occasionally, duplicate accounts are created when you sign-up with a mistyped email address and try to sign back in.) It is also possible that the cancellation did not go through. Although, given that you mention a cancellation date, I think what happened is that you cancelled after the seventh day and had already been billed for an annual account, which is why you saw confirmation that your account would downgrade in 2016, not immediately. This can easily happen if there was any confusion about the timing of the trial. Please accept our apologies if the end-date of your trial was unclear.

This is likely a case of mistiming, and since you have so quickly noticed the mistake, we will be happy to return your money. In order to ensure that your account is properly cancelled and to process a refund, please contact [protected]@grammarly.com. Our support team will need to know when you cancelled and what the email address you used to create your Grammarly account.

Kindly,