Golden Markets / Start Markets / return of deposit made under duress
I responded to an online advertisement on Facebook, saying that this company was supported by "Dragons Den" as an approved British investment start up company. I was filling the form on online when someone from the company phoned and talked to me continously whilst ensuring the money was taken from my credit card.
I have tried phoning, emailing every day for ten days. I just want my £250 back. I do not want this product /service. I was missold. Richard from their company has now emailed to say I am not covered by UK Law as they are trading distantly online. I have checked UK Law, and this is false information as well.
How can I get my money back without sending them my passport and home identity documents, which would be giving my identity to strangers?
Updated by Karen MM, Dec 04, 2018
I paid £250 for a bit coin trading deposit. I had been online and a man phoned me whilst I was online, checking I was making the deposit. I realised as soon as I put the phone down that this was not the product I thought I was buying, which had been advertised as British, from "The Dragons Den". The man on the phone kept assuring me it was the product advertised, but it was not.
It has been over ten days now, I have called and emailed. They have now told me I need to provide passport, house bills and copies of both sides of my credit card to get a refund. I quoted the UK Law 14 day cooling off period, but Richard from their company is saying that distance trading is not covered by UK Law.
How can I get a refund for this missold service please?
Updated by Karen MM, Feb 13, 2019
Thank you everyone. I gave in and gave all my details, and finally got the deposit back. I keep checking my credit reports to make sure my data has not been used for a loan or anything, and seems to be ok. It took months to get the money back. I do now get calls from other Bitcoin companies, but tell them to go away. I feel so sorry for all the innocent people who have lost money, it is terrible. Facebook should vet these ads before they are published. Horrible experience.
More Golden Markets / Start Markets Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Golden Markets / Start Markets - forex trading scam 
- [Resolved] Golden Markets / Start Markets - withdrawal of deposit 
- [Resolved] Golden Markets / Start Markets - was tricked into signing up for something else. 
- [Resolved] Golden Markets / Start Markets - pending withdrawal request 
- [Resolved] Golden Markets / Start Markets - money stolen from my trade with sugar 
- Golden Markets / Start Markets - withdrawal problems
- Golden Markets - payment not received
- Golden Markets / Start Markets - golden markets cash withdrawal
- Golden Markets / Start Markets - return of deposits
- Golden Markets / Start Markets - golden markets investment scam