GoDaddy / rip-off

Tonight I signed into Go-daddy after receiving an email advertising their .INFO domain names for $.99. for 1 year. I found my name was available and selected a one year subscription. Once that was done I was offered the same name in: .MOBI, .TV, .NET, at pricing from $9.99 and up. I passed on that offer and selected CONTINUE to proceed to check-out at which time another offer popped up on the screen with the .COM and .NET versions of the domain name I was about to purchase. This time they were offered at $9.99 for one year with a 30% discount making the pair $14.00 FOR 1 year. I decided to purchase the additional versions, as well as another .INFO name. The above scenario was repeated only this time the .COM was unavailable and I was offered the .NET and .ORG versions of the new name. However, when I actually tried to check out, 2 of the names offered and accepted had disappeared from my cart and replaced by only one of the offered names. However, this time the price was more than 5 TIMES THE AMOUNT I had been offered. I was disappointed but not surprised. This was not the first time.

But this time I was better prepared and was actually printing every screen as it appeared. Thus I was able to confirm what I had previously suspected: Go-daddy, for FOR ALL ITS purported HIGH MINDEDNESS IS ACTUALLY STEALING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY FROM FROM ITS CUSTOMERS. The pattern seems to be: You, the CUSTOMER CONCEIVE A "BRAND NAME" FOR your BUSINESS AND CONTACTS the COMPANY TO LEGITIMATELY REGISTER your NEW "COMPANY BRAND." Go-daddy pretends to register the name for the advertised price but instead you are ripped-off because a derivation of the name is inflated and another version is stolen, completely. You are ripped-off on the lower value version of the name, such as .ORG, OR .NET, ETC., because you cost is higher than what was advertised and what was offered while shopping with in their website during which Go-daddy pilfers the valuable .COM or other version. I have to believe this is the case because the name simply disappeared from my order and could not be retrieved by the salesman when I called the company. The salesman who said he would recreate the transaction in order to resolve the discrepancy. However, he either could or would not. Go-Daddy's sales practices are a TRUE RIPOFF, RIPOFF. RIPOFF!

Va

Comments

• Al
      4th of Aug, 2008

We have experienced the EXACT same scenario, when checking domain names thru other registrars they are available, however when put into the godaddy search engine, they suddenly disappear...how strange is that??? Looks like a class action lawsuit should be initiated against this scam artists!

• Tu
      10th of Nov, 2008

Godaddy ripped me off,
    I signed up with go daddy.com. It hijack my domain name and asked me to pay for a fine. Best advise for you if you plan to host w/ godaddy...be sure to purcharge your domain else where not goddaddy.com else if you make some mistakes or violate their rules.godaddy.com will hijack your domain. thanks.

• Go
      12th of Jul, 2010

Go-Daddy Electronically Scammed my old Business Account With out my Consent! I thought my Business account was Closed some how there was $2.87 I talked to my bank and they said that Go-Daddy-Recurring Company did not get the money and the overdraft of $25. would be reversed and the account would be closed! So now I get a Collection Letter From Certegy Payment Recovery Services, Inc. That I owed Them $46.74 and that I only needed to send the Returned Check Fee 25.00 So now its only $25. but I did not give them Permission and I Do not need that Domain Name Since Business was Closed 12- 30-09 Now its going to hurt my credit!
    "BECAUSE I WILL NOT PAYING THEN A DIME"
    3 mth's before the Renewal 6-03-10 they tried to charge my PayPal and did not succeed. I Always go threw PayPal or Visa "Never e-Check"
    and never Authorize Automatic Renewal.
    There is allot more I could go on & on.

Please Take my advise Do Not give your Bank info to Go-Daddy
    Strong Possible Class Action Law suite Situation?
    I am in are you! Sign Me Up!

• Wc
      22nd of Jun, 2018

@Go-DadSuckmoney Was referred to use GoDaddy for my Website Hosting - Did that (03/2018) and had wondered why they started out with a pricing for the web hosting product and before the entire set up process, ended up paying in the hundreds of dollars! Could have gone up to over thousand dollars! After researching GoDaddy's customer reviews online, I had contacted my credit card company to decline any charges from GoDaddy. Credit Card is expiring next month July 2018. Credit Card Co. reissued new card with different Security Code number. GoDaddy will not succeed in charging for renewals. Decided not to renew web hosting. Will go elsewhere!!! Utterly gullible/ripping off customers. Just thinking about closing current account ASAP! I have opted out (turned off the AUTO RENEW on GoDaddy's website). Bear in mind that lack of INTEGRITY, major downfall the outcome.

• Sj
      16th of Aug, 2010

We fell for another Godaddy ripoff scheme - Domain Buy Service. We were trying to obtain a soon-to-be-expired .com that is our actual business name. We felt this would be the best way to get OUR NAME back, rather than trying to get it on the open market, once available. Godaddy claims the Domain Buy Service will attempt to purchase an existing name for 30-days. After 10-days we received notification that the efforts were ceased.

Requests for an explanation of the quick closure, renewed efforts for the 30-day term, or a refund for not fulfilling their end of the transaction have been fruitless. Godaddy's response to my requests have taken on the Groundhog Day theme - they keep replying "Due to its complex nature, your issue has been relayed to our Advanced Technical Support Team. Our most skilled technicians will be working to resolve your issue quickly and completely. You will be notified promptly upon resolution." Yeah, right, I've given up holding my breath - blue lips are not pretty...

To make the matter more interesting, we received an email from a third party offering to purchase the name ASAP for a small one-time fee. Humm, how did they know we were intersted in the .com?

• Kw
      10th of Jun, 2014

Godaddy is complete ripoff, nothing you put in their search is available i tried every imaginable word from [censored]fool.com to godaddyscam.com all were registered. sadly i lost my intended name, it amazes me why such a company is permited to operate without a lawsuit. they take the shine out of the e community and totally make it unatractive to do legitimate business online. Godaddy you are cheats

• De
      2nd of Aug, 2014

Yeah, how about this.. I purchased a Multi-Domain SSL for up to 5 domains thru godaddy.com. I made the purchase about two months ago and just activated it today. Now I've set up several CRT's from godaddy in the past without issue, until now.. I set the CRT up as I normally would assuming after I would still have 4 more left. Well... That's not the case, with this particular kind you add the extra domains to it. OK fine.. So I remake my signing crt request with all 5 domains in it to make it easier. I go back to go daddy control panel for SSL and figure it would be easier to delete the CRT I just set up and re-create it. So I delete the existing SSL I set up (when I deleted it it said this will destroy the CRT "BUT SAYS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT CANCELLING MY ORIGINAL PURCHASE" So I proceed... I then go back to the main account page/ my products and click the SSL tab - There was no SSL product "WTF" OK so I call. They go ohh.. We're sorry about that let us see what we can do please hold for a few minutes. After about 5/6 mins "Mar Kanveya" the support rep I had gets back on the line and says ok I couldn't restore your product so this is what I did ( she tells me she issued a refund credit to my account for the SSL package I originally purchased, so now what we will do is just re-buy it) I say OK no problem. She sets it up and then tells me I owe a difference of like $75... Wait What??? No No No... I don't want a new package I want the package I bout plus I didn't pay $150 for it I paid $104 cause I used a coupon code for 30% off, she gos ok do you have the code, I said yes (but it was expired) so she puts in one that isn't.. Now at this point I'm thinking everything is OK, NOPE... She then tells me ok how would you like to pay the difference now of about $30.. Again I say No No No, I just activated the product today even tho it was purchased a couple days over two months prior. She then says well the only way to issue a credit is pro-rated from the actual time of purchase.. I say, WHAT - NO, that's not what I wanted you to do "I JUST WANT WHAT I ORIGINALLY PURCHASED BACK" her response was well I can't do that, I said that is unacceptable, please just put what I deleted back. She says I can't do that either.. WTF.. OK.. So I proceed to ask for a supervisor as now I'm getting very angry. After a ten minute wait her supervisor Zach Hayes gets on the line. I explain the situation again and say I'm not paying more for something I already paid for. He tells me there is nothing more he can do, the refund credit is the best he can do. He says I really do understand it's not fair but there is nothing he or ANYONE else can do.. NOTHING.. Well in my mind that is BS - there is always something that can be done.. I protest to no avail, after about 30 minutes trying to get answers and me very very very angry I got nothing.. I refuse to pay more for something I already paid for. Again he says he understands but the way the system works there's nothing anyone can do. Well that too is BS, I own a dedicated server with a VPS I host and manage domains myself ( I was using godaddy for SSL and domain purchases, have for a long time and I know someone somewhere in the godaddy organization can fix it.) He says nope not possible. Fine let me speak to your supervisor, no I can't do that he says. Why I ask, he says there is nothing they can do either they will tell you the same.. I demand to speak with the supervisor to no avail. All he would do is provide his supervisors name "Jenae G." wouldn't give the last name.. I think I need to call an attorney, Mar Kanveya issued a refund credit without my authorization in an attempt to fix a situation but because she did that it made the situation worse. I'm not really sure what to do here, I just know I've been screwed over "Not too mention, I have 5 accounts that need SSL's that don't have them now... Really hate godaddy right now.

• Sh
      16th of Sep, 2017

Pathetic service, and rip off, they will charge you with out notice, and ask you for huge amount when you are stuck bad, bunch of black mailers and big time waiting queue .