Glamour Shots Photography / Total rip off!

1 Springfield, VA, United States Review updated:

This place is a total Rip-Off.

1. Deceptive package prices.
2. Poor quality of photography.
3. Each photo chosen by the consumer can be adjusted. "ONLY" at their own Photo Lab.
4. Adjusting a photo pushes the price up quite a bit.
5. My wife was offered a $200 package that originally cost her $500.
6. My main complaint is that they know just what they are doing. One photographer, who worked for them, explained that this is how they are trained.

Comments

• Mi
      10th of Feb, 2008

Me and my fiance went to Glamour shots yesterday. The location was outside of Atlanta Georgia. When my fiance called and booked the appointment she was told that the service would cost a few hundred dollars for the photos. My Fiance was excited because the place was going to do her hair, makeup, etc... Let me say this first, me and my fiance had a great time while taking the pictures. The makeup artist and the photographer were great people to work with and very professional. After we were done with the pictures the staff said give us 20 minutes to upload your pictures and then come back. Me and my fiance did just that. We came back, went through all the pictures, chose the ones we liked - about 30 in all. After we were done picking the ones we liked the manager (?) gave us the price - over $6,000.00. It blew us away. The manager said that most people don't chose that many pictures and if we reduce the number of pictures the price should come down considerably. Me and my fiance went through the pictures again and got it down to 9 or 10 pictures we really liked. When the manager gave us the new price it was still going to cost us over a $1,000 and if we wanted to get a CD of all the pictures it was going to be more like $2,000 to $3,000 dollars. I informed the man that for $6,000 I could hire two photographers and a videographer for my wedding for 5 hours. Needless to say me and my fiance left the store angry, shocked, and irritated by the experience. We spent 3 hours in the store having a great time, waiting for these fun pictures to take home to our friends and family and we walked out with nothing. To say the least I was very displeased and disappointed with Glamour shots. I believe if people really knew the pricing system that Glamour Shots uses before walking into the store than this business would have been closed a long time ago.

p.s. I went back on the web site and it looks like their specials are so sensible, but when we got in the door it was touch ups will cost you this and our special package will cost you that. Not good guys, not good!!!

• St
      18th of Mar, 2008

I contacted the location....

They stated on average customer's spend anywhere from $300-$500. But that is up to you. You'll customize your own package. So they leave it up to you. You could spend $45 dollars or $7000.00 it was all up to you. An how you want your photo's (B&W, Sephia, Glamourized, Color enhanced, and pearlized.)

Must have been the selective hearing. And if you like all the photo at $45 a sheet on about 30 different poses
    1350 plus the 4500 for the retouching and other digital enhancements. That came out pretty clear to me. You should try to get all the info again before hand.

Stupid Consumer Anonymous

• St
      18th of Mar, 2008

What is deceptive? You customize your own package. There are no packages. Theres the problem there another no brainer.

Stupid Consumer Anonymous.

• Bo
      6th of Apr, 2008

e just spent $250 for a valentinbe's Day package. Pics are great, BUT...

It cost a total of OVER $500 for 1 full sheets each of two poses, plus two 8x10s, one of each pose. Oh, and they threw in 1 inch square copies of all the proofs.

You'd think as you ordered more, the price on additional shots would come down. Nope. Each sheet is $X, buy one, buy 100.

• Je
      16th of Jul, 2008

First of all if you dont have the money to go to Glamour Shots and spend money on their pictures why dont you go to walmart or penny's and do your own hair and make-up. Do you expect to spend more money for a dress if you go to Nordstroms? Duh !!!

• Pa
      24th of Jul, 2008

I have to agree with some people on here, my wife and I went to a Glamour Shots in the Chicago NW Suburbs. Yes, it was very pricey, but we kinda knew that it would be (seriously, who doesn't?). We paid $800 for a couple poses and a small wall portrait. It wasn't the best deal in the world, but neither is Nordstrom's and I can't keep her away from there either! :P This, along with some other stores in most malls, is not for people on a tight budget. Sorry, but that is how capitalism works. But, I know when we have kids, I'll probably take them to Penney's as they only charge like $3 for each photo. But for special occasions and photos for my desk and our walls, I probably will go back to Glamor Shots, it's a decent deal if you consider you get a make-over too.

7th of Jul, 2009

nobody should go take pictures at glamour shots pictures they initialy tell you one package and then and up puting you another price, only for little make up, some pictures in a CD, and a picture frame for 1800 hundred this is ridiculous. N E VE R GO!!!
    to G L O M O U R S H O T S for P I C T U R E S.

27th of Jul, 2010

I totally agree with the first post, glamour shots are sooo expensive. You would get the same quality in other places for cheaper. I when there with my husband for pictures and the came out beautiful but the price was over 8, 000 who has that kind of mobney no meee ...so if your looking for great pictures and a great price look somewhere else glamour shot is a rip off

• Dr