Glacial Energy — Very, very high rates
I am really upset at Glacial Energy and wish I had researched the company before enrolling with them. I was given a "quote" that was nothing more than some estimate that they would be 15% less than PPL and get me rates below 8 cents. I kept asking how this rate would be accurate and I was told that it will likely be lower, that the 99% retention rate means that they "deliver" and that contracts are "always more expensive." What a bunch of lies!!!
I was comparing them and a company called Constellation Energy, which guaranteed me a rate below 7 cents, but I was nervous about signing a contract.
So I get my first bill from Glacial Energy and the first bill is 14 cents and then the second bill is even higher at 15 cents!!! I calculated that this cost me over $21, 000 extra these past 2 months. And the next bill, which will be the last, will probably be higher.
What a complete scam. Those comments about trying to squeeze customers seem true on the internet.
Is it against the law to provide estimates to people and then to double the rates or shut off your electricity? Deregulation is Enron and Glacial Energy just trying to rip people off.
More Glacial Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Glacial Energy - Doubled fees 
- Glacial Energy - Scam 
- Glacial Energy - Great Service 
- Glacial Energy - Going out of business?
- Glacial Energy - Glacdial Energy 
- Glacial Energy - Fraud 
- Glacial Energy - Gary Mole and Glacial Energy - Their Links To Blood Diamond Mining In The Congo 
- Glacial Energy - Glacial Energy-Scam? 
- Glacial Energy - Glacial Energy LIES 
- Glacial Energy - High Fees