Gilt.com / Dishonest merchant with pathetic customer service

1 Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased an inexpensive canvas from gilt.com. I was shocked when I received the notification that it would take 2.5 to 3 months for the item to ship. I quickly proceeded to contact them and request that the order be cancelled. The response was that given that the item was in their warehouse and was being prepared for shipment, they couldn't cancel the order. Really?!?!? An endless exchange of emails and phone calls back and forth - all indicating that the order cannot be canceled as the item is being prepared to be shipped and that it would arrive in February...3 MONTHS from now!!! I am unaware of any shipping method in this century that would take this long and yet they would not proceed to cancel the order. That's a very dishonest excuse.

This is the absolute worst experience I have ever encountered from any eCom sites. And to think that a high end retailer like Saks Fifth bought gilt.com is beyond comprehension.

I used to buy from them regularly but I will never transact with them again...ever!

Li
Nov 22, 2016

Comments

• Gi
      23rd of Nov, 2016

Hi There,

I'm so sorry to hear of the your order is taking so long to be delivered and that you are now unable to cancel it. I can understand how frustrating this can be for you. I would be more than happy to look into this further for you. As there has not been an order number or an email address noted, I would ask if this can be sent on via email so we can look into this further for you.

Unfortunately, complaints board does not offer a private messaging system so I would ask that you email [protected]@gilt.com and make the title line "ATTN:CATHERINE COMPLAINTS BOARD RESPONSE" so that we can get to this right away. Looking forward to hearing from you. Chat Soon, Catherine-GiltService