Gilt.com / Dishonest merchant with pathetic customer service
I purchased an inexpensive canvas from gilt.com. I was shocked when I received the notification that it would take 2.5 to 3 months for the item to ship. I quickly proceeded to contact them and request that the order be cancelled. The response was that given that the item was in their warehouse and was being prepared for shipment, they couldn't cancel the order. Really?!?!? An endless exchange of emails and phone calls back and forth - all indicating that the order cannot be canceled as the item is being prepared to be shipped and that it would arrive in February...3 MONTHS from now!!! I am unaware of any shipping method in this century that would take this long and yet they would not proceed to cancel the order. That's a very dishonest excuse.
This is the absolute worst experience I have ever encountered from any eCom sites. And to think that a high end retailer like Saks Fifth bought gilt.com is beyond comprehension.
I used to buy from them regularly but I will never transact with them again...ever!
More Gilt.com Complaints & Reviews
- Gilt.com - Stay away, be warned, they are not legitimate 
- Gilt.com - Some merchandise is not authentic 
- Gilt.com - Stay away from these guys 
- Gilt.com - Have been shopping on Gilt for years and though the deals are great and shipping efficient the customer service sucks 
- Gilt.com - fake mens suit 
- Gilt - refund - unresolved est.9/11/18
- Gilt - order returns
- Gilt City - voucher expiration
- Gilt City - what a nightmare
- Gilt - a max mara coat with an obvious hole and refund is not as the amount they promised