Gevalia / Poor Quality Coffee Maker

1 OR, United States Review updated:

Well, it's good to know I'm not alone on complaints against Gevalia. I signed up for the "free" Coffee Maker and coffee. The coffee is pretty good, but the Coffee Maker which was free is very poor quality. I actually worked in the Appliance Dept. in a major retail store and have never had someone return a coffeemaker due to a large amount of condensation running down the back of the coffeemaker. We would have to sit a dish towel behind the coffeemaker to catch the large amount of water.

The frightening part is, Gevalia actually sells that coffeemaker in their catalog for over $80. Do not buy any of their products, except for maybe the coffee.

When I e-mailed Gevalia with the complaint, I was told...I'll never forget this, that with every pot of coffee made it is normal for some amount of condensation. Not satisfied, I then contacted their Production dept. Although they would not look into the problem, they would send me a new coffeemaker. I declined and let them know if it was the same poor quality, then the problem would not be solved. I then closed the account after the rude associate told me, " Because the Coffeemaker is free, we cannot help you and if you are not satisfied with the product you can donate it to a charity. I was amazed. Bottom line, admitting to a design flaw would mean a profit loss to Gevalia. I hate to waste anything, so we actually use it in our travel trailer and cuss it every time we use it. LOL.

BEWARE: The coffeemaker sure looks nice and modern to go with any stainless steel kitchen, but it sucks big time.

Gevalia

Comments

• Mr
      1st of Aug, 2009

If it was free, what are you ### about?? You people are something else!! The coffee you bought was good and cheap. So you got a free coffee maker to boot, and all you can do is complain?? GET OVER IT!! By the way, I got one too and I love it. Several of my friends also tried the Gevalia freebee, and they think its pretty good especially for free.

• Ca
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Gevalia - money not returned
    130s2nd.st.
    Millville
    New Jersey
    Phone: 8568252676
    carlene131313@yahoo.com

its been over 3days for u to return my money back into my acct. It was cancelled, as I told on of ur agents. She said dont worry it w/b returned in 3 days. When it was taken out, my acct was bounced. U caused me alot of trouble. I`m going to cancel completely. If it is not put back in by today I`contacting bbb & telling people about this.