Getmein.com / overcharge on tickets!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

On Tuesday I tried to book tickets with the above company, after putting in all my bank details and pressed submit it came up with transaction error so I tried again and it came back with transaction declined, after checking my bank account on line I transferred money over from my savings account so I could try again as I thought this company offered a good deal on the number of tickets I wanted and had the date available that I wanted. After doing this i went back onto getme in.com and entered my details again, it came back with transaction error, i thought it might be a credit check with my bank and thats why the transactions were not going through so I decided that I would get in touch with my bank to see if there might be a problem with my card. Not too long after I had a telephone call from an adviser Get ME In telling me that she could see that I was having problems online and asked me if I still wanted the tickets, I was pleased at this point so said yes please take my details she said she would ring me back to let me know whether the payment had gone through. Five minutes later she phoned to say the payment had been authorized and tickets would be sent out.

When I went to my bank yesterday and ask for a bank statement as I thought my balance was wrong it showed that Get Me in had charged me three times for these tickets. I phoned them explaining what had happened and they said I would need to wait 3 working days for the money to be put back into my account. I told them that this was not good enough as I had direct debits set up and because of their error would be charged £30.00 for each time each company tried to take money out of the account, also companies chasing me for payments. I am also a mother of two and because of their error it has left me seriously overdrawn, unable to buy food or pay for creche this week.

I would like an explanation as to why this company would take out this payment three times, especially when the adviser I spoke to could see clearly that there was an error from my trials on the internet. Not once did she explain that it had been approved previously and would be refunding the additional money that had been taken out, instead she took money out a third time! I have tried emailing and phoning the company but to no avail!

Comments

St
  10th of Feb, 2008

The reason for this is simple they are a bunch of cowboys there system was probably built in a small shed in someones back garden and thus is not capable of handling transactions the way it should. Im sorry to say that this is a simple matter of a small company trying to look big i know lots of people that have had similar problems with them. My advise go somewhere else in future.

Ve
  12th of Feb, 2008

I booked a theatre weekend with Get Me In months ago - I've had the theatre tickets for weeks but no information about the hotel I paid for. I've called at least 20 times, every time the advisor claims to know nothing about the problem or the hotel. I'm told every day that the hotel is booked by another agent (nothing about this before they took the payment) and they promise to call back the same day when they have spoken with that agent. I have never received a call back. I have asked for the advisor's name only to be told when I next call that no such person exists. The weekend is nearly here - I have no hotel and what should have been a holiday has brought nothing but stress and a huge phone bill.

Ro
  8th of Aug, 2009

it's because they have a credit rating of 20 - extremely high risk, and their manager in london chris tate is a real crook, very rude and so arrogant. they don't give damn about their customers, they just take take take as much of other people's money as they can to improve their shockingly dangerous credit rating. avoid like the plague.

Bu
  7th of Oct, 2010

Thanks for all those that have posted. Glad I read this before going ahead with my booking. It means I won't be able to go and see the gig this year but nothing worse that getting your hopes high and having it taken away.

Th
  19th of Nov, 2010

I put 2 tickets on Get Me In to sell. the next day we tried to remove them but the site would not allow us to do that? called their Helpline and was informed They were having lots of technical difficulties.Yesterday received an e-mail saying tickets had sold and I have to pay buyer 150 % of value even though I tried to remove them!!!
They informed Me They cannot be responsible for their website crashing etc and although admitted to having problems I will be charged!! Have you ever heard of such a scam???

Si
  22nd of Dec, 2010

22/12/2010

Early this month i perchest tickets to a concert at wembely. Due to weather conditions i was unable to recieve my tickets in time for the concert. Every time i made contact with someone from GET ME IN! they would give me same story every time; "sorry but we cannot refunt your tickets". I would seriously advise not buying from this site as the people working here are theives. They dont give a damn about their customers rights and shrug of any points you make. When a company is as unprofessional as GET ME IN! they lose customers due to their terrible service. Like my self, and I hope you too, will never use this site again.

Mr
  5th of Sep, 2011

I have too just been let down, i brought the tickets back in February for a show in September (2011), they did not even bother to tell me the tickets did not even exist. What a bunch of jokers.