Gerhards Appliance / owner not taking responsibility of dihwasher draw not installed propertly

1 290 Keswick Ave.Glenside, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215 884-8500

I called on 10-20-08 spoke to Richard (one of the owners) and told him I was upset that I own two Fisher/Paykel dish drawers. I was one of the original owners, one of the first people to own the drawers. The price was very expensive. They are now half of what I paid. The problem I had was that the top dish drawer always had a nice amount of water left in it. Gerhards said it was normal. Evey time I had to manually drain the drawer. Today, I had to replace a part. Not bad, the drawers are nine years old. I was told by a worker from Rush Appliance, who fixed the drawer, and replacing a part, that the drawers were not installed properly. He said I would need a plumber. The bottom drawer was emptying into the top drawer. How gross was that? I had dirty dish water being emptied into the top drawer. How unsanitary is that? When the top drawer was not working I was only using the bottom drawer. I couldn't understand why when I used the bottom drawer there was a lot of dirty water in the top drawer. I had to use a cup and empty the water out everytime I used the bottom drawer. That's why I always had water left in the top drawer. I called Gerhards with the worker in my home. The owner, Richard was quit annoyed with me. He said, "Lady your calling me about drawers that were installed 9 years ago. We sub contract the work out to plumbers. The guy is probably dead by now." I was appalled at his response. He said, " lady I have customers that are waiting." I said, " excuse me, but I am a customer who has bought not only two dish drawers but I purchased a washer and a dryer too." Instead of being concerned that maybe someone installed the drawers wrong an he was more concerned about charging me for a service call. I have no problem paying for a service call but, he was not interested in even helping me. I said, " what if they were installed improperly, then are you going to take care of me?" He basically said, " no." Well, I would never go into that store again. With customer service like that! That's terrible. I will go out of my way to let everybody know how I was treated. So, beware of going to Gerhards. The customer service is horrible. And futhermore, he is one of the owners!
Sincerely, Marsha Arnold
Ft. Washington, Pa. 19034
marshaaarnold@aol.com

More Gerhards Appliance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Me
      5th of Nov, 2008

I LOVE THAT STORE AND GET GREAT SERVICE THERE, SHE MUST HAVE CAUGHT THE OWNER ON A BAD DAY, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING.

• Ig
      13th of Mar, 2009

Check BBB and go someplace other than Gerhard's...you'll be glad you did

• Mi
      17th of Aug, 2009

Gerhard's has been my only source for appliances since I moved to the area almost 7 years ago. I've bought refrigerators, a dishwasher, 3 TVs, a microwave, etc (I could keep going) and never had a problem with a product, its installation, or the service I received.

In fact, I've had quite pleasant experiences dealing with Gerhard's staff.

I think it is vital for our communities to support small businesses, and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else to purchase appliances.

• Ge
      24th of Aug, 2009

From all of us at Gerhard's Appliance & Home Theater, please accept our most humble apologies for your inconvenience. We by no means meant for this unfortunate incident, and are terribly sorry for any stress or anxiety it may have caused.

In response to the needs of our customers, Gerhard's has created a new Customer Service Department, to ensure that any concern a customer may have can be addressed promptly for the highest level of service.

We at Gerhard's are committed to our customers, and our making serious strides to better serve our valued patrons.

1st of Oct, 2009

I was at Gerhard's appliance last week in glenside and i got a good deal on a washer dryer unit for my house. the guy that helped me out was a bit older but spent some extra time on his computer and got me a unit that was brand new for way less than i thought i was going to pay. i think Gerhards is worth going to for homeappliances.