Geoholiday Club Or Gh Marketing

Posted:

Pressured sale that is just a twist of the arm

Geo Holiday or Montex Financial
33 Avening Drive
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 647-344-2521
geovacationclub.com
GEO HOLIDAY MONTEX FINANCIAL SERVICES OR GH MARKETING One company with many names like an octopus with many arms I am Victim of Geo Holiday, THE MOST DISHONEST COMPANY I'VE EVER SEEN. Biggest Scam ever existed. TORONTO, ONTARIO, Ontario
I want to report about this company GH Marketing Inc. or GEOHoliday or Montex Financial. They are all one company under different names using telemarketing and a distorted method of pressured sale that is just a twist of the arm. 10 sales people around us. They forced me to sign a promissory note without my knowledge. The promissory note was clipped under the membership paper in such a way that what I was signing wasn't entirely visible.

Please read my report, advice on how to get my money back $4466, will be appriciated.
They also sent me Notice of collection from Credit Bureau of Canada collection to pay immediately Balance $11559.00.
I tried to cancel the contract went to their office I found is closed on saturday went few other saturdays I found they closed and their phone out of service . I said they out of business and cancelled my payment and found after that they have very bad name and not registered with TICO. Their location where we attended their presentation. At 51 International Blvd in Etobicoke.
We're currently looking for other people, especially from Toronto, GTA who have the same problem tosue them if you support me I support you--- magdieshesh at hotmail.
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Telemarketing

Comments

A  30th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
My husband and I experienced the same situation many years ago and we are still attempting to get rid of the actual timeshare.
The point system is paid in full but we have never used it and continue to pay maintenance fees. I have even spent extra money to list and sell - that too is a scam (Interval Properties)
I too am looking for trustworthy honesty to sell and be rid of this nightmare. Even if this type of timeshare works for others - I have 20, 000 points that I want to sell.
clac72@hotmail.com
N  4th of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I found that if your really willing to go ball out and just dont pay them they will cave... tell them foreclose who cares... I did the math if you consider the cost to buy plus interest and the HOA plus the RCI subcription fee and the RCI trade free your looking at say 2000 bucks a week for your stay - figure you'll dump the whole thing in 7-10 years at most

if you put 200 a month into a vacation savings account you could go ANYWHERE ANYTIME and get a lot more value... overall I can't see timeshares working out, maybe if you need to drag the kids along but even then how asskicking of a place could you rent for 2400 a week... think about it...

BTW - the way geo works is they buy foreclosed timeshares for dirt and resell them, they actually own nothing
A  4th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
we just got scammed too - on a timeshare in las vegas. what can be done other than complain on a board like this?
A  4th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
i find it hilarious too that they have on their website a "scam" page - seems like they are prepared for this - everything is probably greased to protect them from government and lawyers given that they seem to have been at this for years
A  6th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
We experienced the same thing and are totally disappointed. We went to St. Maarten for our wedding and were very disappointed with our accommodations. Dogs hanging around, [censor] roaches in our apartment, rusty noisy fridge that couldn'g be fixed except to unplug it. Nevermind the steep neverending stairs to get to our suite. Not bad if you don't have to lug suitcases up and down. I have stayed in better accommodations in Cuba at an all inclusive price for less.
N  14th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
An update to getting out of Geo Timeshare..
Read your contract - ours stated that we must be current with our maintenance fees or agreement would/could be terminated. We did not pay any more fees and the threatening calls, emails and letters started. We held out for 4 months of constant harassment. (they called every day, sometimes twice a day for the last 2 weeks) We received a call from a very polite, nice collection company. She stated the amount we were behind in and what was coming due. I explained the whole story and stated that we were not paying anymore fees seeing we never used the timeshare and never will because of the unorganized nonsense. She stated that if we wanted to terminate the contract it was a one time fee of $2000.00. I paid the amount, received confirmation via the mail that we were done with Geo Holiday and have not received anymore bills or calls since than (Nov 2010) - it worked for us. I forgot about this msg board and was just notified of it this morning by another individual that was frustrated. Figured I should update for all others. clac72@hotmail.com
N  4th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
I am in the same situation. we bought a week every 2 years. We were lied to, told the fees which when we bought were more than half what they are now. We never used it, we continued to pay condo fees until this year and they have now put us in collections. It is a rip-off and i don't want this anymore. There must be something in consumer protection act in Ontario to get us out of this.
The collection letters have started now. They have our money paid in full but we will no longer pay the annual fees for RCI or their maintenance fees. This is a farce. There is no deed to any property. It is no different than joining a fitness club because this money is not tied to any deed. if there is a class action suit can you please advise. I would like to see these people out of business. They are bullies, pressure you into joining, and the fees keep going up and up and up for points! Just want out
A  21st of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am also in the same situation for last 10 years. Am keep paying maintenance fee started from $350 US and now paying almost $800 US. I really want to get out of it. Contract does not say that we have to pay $2000 for cancellation but are being forced to pay it in order to get out of this plan. I think best is to contact Ministry of consumer protection and speak to them to sort this out otherwise we are in big trouble.
A  27th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Ive come under the Geo curse 2 years back. I was in Vegas one summer and got bribed into buying membership when I was drunk. I had no idea that getting out of it was such a craze. I haven't paid my membership and fee at all this year and I don't plan on. It probably will mess up my credit and everything, but I cannot pay these Geo Holiday frauds any longer. Why can't we take these ###s to court? I've been paying for absolutely nothing and refuse to pay any longer. Help?
A  20th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
The option of paying $2000 seems to no longer be available and 'm at a point of not wanting to pay any more maintenance fees. The fees keep going up and I end up having to pay extra to access RCI resorts which are as a general rule higher quality than Geo resorts. I'm willing to put up with collection phone calls and bad credit ratings, but has anybody ever been actually sued by them in Canada and what can happen as result? I also saw that there's a class action lawsuit filed in the States since 2015. Does anybody know how to start one in Toronto (GTA) Canada?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

GeoHoliday Logo GeoHoliday
Customer Care Service
40 Eglinton Ave East, Suite 601
Toronto
Ontario
Canada - ONM4P3A2
+1 416 490 0222
+1 702 541 9942 (Member Services)
View Full Information