GEMB / Fraud

1 MI, United States Review updated:

My name is Trooper Mata from the Michigan State Police. I'm working on a Fraud complaint against GEMB.

I looked on line thinking I would call and help an 80 year old couple take care of their problems. I ran into the same roadblocks as the rest of you.

I'm willing to do my best to take this thing to the next level. What I'm asking from you all is some help.

Anyone who is willing to mail me a handwritten (or typed and signed in your own hand) letter about their problems with GEMB will help move things along.

Here is what I need, in this order:

Date your problems started.
What happened.
Who were you in contact with.
Outcome. (please note if the problem is still ongoing)

Your full Legal Name and contact information.
Address, city, state, zip
Contact phone number, (work, mobile or home is fine)
email address.

I want to find out what's going on with these people and who they really are. I need your help.

Trooper Mata
Michigan State Police, Wayland Post #69
Wayland, MI., 49348
[protected]
matad@michigan.gov

Comments

• De
      9th of Dec, 2008

My husbands idenity has been stolen and we just recieved a call from GEMB Credit Card Company saying he purchased jewelry at this store in July. We told them it's not us. To please send us information on this account and we will go to the police dept and file fraud charges. All GEMB is doing now is calling every day and harrassing us and will not send any information with proof that my husband signed or showed drivers licn. notthing they are driving us crazy.
    We have contacted the three credit burear and life lock is on his ss # but what are we to do??????

• Su
      28th of Aug, 2009

This company posted an account to my credit report and I don't have one with them. They stated that I had a 5k limit with a high bal of 4900. I don't know who this company is. And they said that THEY closed the account.

• Ce
      8th of Jan, 2011

Same thing here. Last year I posted an on-line payment to my SAM"S CLUB DISCOVER CREDIT CARD account. My bank showed they made an attempt to transfer the money from my account, but then something happened that it did not go through. I seems they withdrew their request before they received actual payment. Then they tried to charge me a returned check fee as well as a late payment fee. My bank said they did not cancel the transaction because there was certainly enough in my balance to complete it. When I called SAM"S CLUB DISCOVER CREDIT I was informed that I had input wrong bank info, which was the reason for the rejection. I know for a fact that I had given the correct bank info or how else would their attempt to receive payment have shown up in my account? And, guess what? The bank info showing in the SAM"S CLUB DISCOVER CREDIT CARD account suddenly became totally different numbers than the bank account number and routing number I had originally put in! I am now wondering if the whole thing was an an attempt to earn money frudulantly? I wonder exactly how many others have been duped inbto paying the extra fees through the same tactics?. So after making payments in the store since then, I decided to do another online payment. Big mistake! It has been 4 days since I made an attempt to pay them online and they still have not contacted my bank for payment. I think I smell a rat coming!